Curly Kale

Options
MKB83
MKB83 Posts: 31
I just got my hands on a bag of curly kale after months of searching - but admittedly, I am short of recipes - any ideas?

Thx!

Replies

• anjukins
    anjukins Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i like to bake kale at a really low heat (or, preferably, dehydrate it) with lemon juice, sea salt, nutritional yeast, and olive oil, until it's crispy. It's delicious.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I have a dehydrator. I blend raw cashews, raw pumpkin seeds, cumin, lemon juice and some other spices. Slather it and dehydrate.
  • LSG979
    LSG979 Posts: 1
    Options
    Break into bit size pieces. Rinse. Massage in olive oil and then add salt and pepper. Bake at about 300 turning at least once until crispy. Yummy kale chips.

You can also google a whole food garlic kale recipe. It is very good, but not super light.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Here is my recipe. You can use olive oil instead of the spray of course and you can use any kind of seasoning that you desire.

http://www.myveggietable.com/2011/05/kale-chips.html
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yup, Kale chips! Yum!
  • MKB83
    MKB83 Posts: 31
    Options
    baked kale crisps it is - thanks all!
  • anjukins
    anjukins Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    HAH, five kale chip recommendations in a row, sweet!

Just be careful not to burn them, because then they get bitter. :) it's a fine line between perfect and burnt, but you'll learn to walk it for sure. Baking gives you instant gratification, but if you like what you make, consider investing in a dehydrator- so much more of the nutrients stick around when you dehydrate :)
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I just made kale and taters with mine yesterday! Super yummy. Boil or bake 3 medium sized potatoes, cut them into bite sized bits, cook some onion and garlic in butter in a pan until it smells delicious, throw in the potato and then one bunch of chopped up kale on top of it and put a lid on it. Wait 5 or so minutes, turn everything over so the potatoes and onions and everything are all mixed, put the lid back on for another 5 minutes or until you think the kale is done.

soooooo good...
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Break into bit size pieces. Rinse. Massage in olive oil and then add salt and pepper. Bake at about 300 turning at least once until crispy. Yummy kale chips.

You can also google a whole food garlic kale recipe. It is very good, but not super light.

i'm trying this!!