What's the one thing you couldn't live with out?

Options

Replies

• Iwillshyne
    Options
    The worst: icecream and peanut butter. Yikes, I knw but I have learned to eat it in moderation instead of binging down the entire container in one setting. To curve my sweet tooth I make a peanut butter and banana smoothie with 1 scoop icecream and of 2 scoop of protein powder--yummy! Hits the spot everytime! Kinda high on cals 350 but its not a everyday "eat" and it's a much better choice for me. I'd usually gooble down a large brownie blizzard from Dairy Queen weighing in at 1400 cals , this would be after I've eaten a burger with fries. Which brings me to the next point: Fast Foods! I have given it up for good... I haven't eaten any in over 2 months now. Hoping this is a long term thing! It has played a major part in my massive weight gain over the years. I've lost 13 pounds so far! So it's worth giving up!
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I can give up everything but that. ;-\
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    strawberries and light whip cream
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and chicken!
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese (I cannot tell the difference between the neufchatel and the full fat but no-fat is like eating plastic, in my opinion)

Chocolate was never on the table to lose but I have adapted my taste buds away from my once beloved "family sized" (back up, family...this is all mine!) Symphony bar with toffee bits and nuts toward a wee shot glass full of dark chocolate chips. Mmm.

I am also a big mayonnaise fan. I have something of a "fat tooth".
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. I just switched to frozen yogurts and pre-portioned ice creams. I love Weight Watchers ice creams. They are all <200 calories each and taste great. They come pre-portioned too so I don't eat too much.

I will never, ever give up bacon. I just eat it moderately.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Cheese! Also coffee but since I usually have a regular mug of quality coffee with some sugar free yummy creamer, it doesn't hurt any.
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    oxygen is the first thing that comes to mind.... caffiene a close second
  • Biancalee76
    Options
    For all you cheese lovers out there, I also had a cheese tooth, and I found I really like the Laughing Cow Queso Fresco and Chipolte cheese wedges. They are super yummy, and only 35 cals a wedge! I smear it on crackers and it fulfills my cheesy needs.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate EVERY DAY! And, yes, I still lose weight. I give myself a 100 calorie chocolate allowance. That's 3 Hershey kisses, 2 York Peppermint Patties (mini), 2 bite size Snickers, one small chocolate chip cookie, etc....

If I deny myself chocolate, I'll fall off the bandwagon and binge on tons of it. If I have my few little pieces, I savor them and continue eating healthy the rest of the day!

^^^this! oh, and cheese...
  • sarkris
    sarkris Posts: 41
    Options
    Real sugar and real cream in my coffee - and lots of it!!! I have cut back from 3 fat and sugar laden coffees a day to 1 doppio espresso every Sunday with my daughter. Other coffees are restricted to when I feel a headache coming on or if I need one to stay awake till the end of my nightshift. I'm slowly cutting back on the sugar in them.
  • heather7131
    Options
    Cokes, mountain dew, dr pepper, well...pretty much any kind of soda! I'm having the hardest time trying to kick the habit. I've been coke free for 3 days now though!
    Pasta is a biggie for me too. But today we went to one of my favorite restaurants that has the best Cajun chicken pasta and I fought my urge to order it and had grilled chicken and broccoli.
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Chocolate-covered pretzels!!

Peanut butter!

Chocolate-covered pretzels dipped in peanut butter!!!

ANY combo of chocolate and peanut butter!!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    If we're talking food wise, anything sweets -- cake, ice cream, cupcakes, cookies, shakes. I loooooove sweets. Give me dessert over an actual dinner any day. If I HAD to give up sweets, I could...but it would be really, really hard.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream and fancy coffee drinks!! I haven't had any in almost 6 weeks, decided to cut them out completely for a little while (can I can go WAY overboard with them). My birthday is coming up the end of the month....I plan on celebrating with a Starbucks VENTI mocha frappuccino with whipped cream!!! yum I can't wait!
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    I thought it was pizza, but I don't believe I've had any since I restarted MFP last week of August. I'm not even trying to avoid it. It just hasn't come up and I don't feel at a loss for it.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    coffee and french vanilla creamer :)
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options

I am also a big mayonnaise fan. I have something of a "fat tooth".

fat tooth! I like it!
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    I'm a huge Burger man. Not to mention I love adding Bacon to my burgers. I'm not good at stopping myself from ordering them or staying away from them. I know in my mind I'm wrecking my diet and progress but just the word burger makes me salivate and I cave in.

I tryed Going Vegan and lasted about 6 days and burger king came out with the california whopper, needless to say "1 step forward, 5 steps back"

:)
  • Jezza777
    Jezza777 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love Pizza...but man I only just realised how many calories it contains, not too bad if you are having an occasional slice but I would do a whole pizza easy! lol