NutriSystem Advanced

Options
Has anyone been successful on Nutrisystem? I've been on it 1 week (with weekends off) and noticed there is quite a bit of sodium. My husband was told to get off it by his cardiologist due to the high sodium content. I guess it is useful for the first month anyway to learn proper portion sizes. Any comments? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• nibor
    nibor Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Has anyone been successful on Nutrisystem? I've been on it 1 week (with weekends off) and noticed there is quite a bit of sodium. My husband was told to get off it by his cardiologist due to the high sodium content. I guess it is useful for the first month anyway to learn proper portion sizes. Any comments? :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I used it, I lost weight. Went off of it after 2 months, gained the weight back PLUS 5 more.

Again, I think the issues with diets and supps are that you dont learn how to eat every day, for the rest of your life.

Well you have the food, so use it for the month. Follow it every day and lose whatever you can. You will get used to eating veggies and fruits, as that is a supp to the diet.

Once it is gone, eat lean meats (chicken and fish) and log every morsel. I BET you do GREAT!!:flowerforyou:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I thought about trying it but the cost alone kept me away and i am always hearing about ppl gaining the weight back. I am just continue to make my own meals and hopefully healthier than i have been. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I did it for about 2 months once. I had liver disease as a child and took steroids (which never cleared it up - herbal supplements from some witch doctor with dreds did. :laugh: ) Nutrisystems brought it back with a fury though.

I had to stop or my liver would have deteriorated. :ohwell: I was 15 at the time, and it put me off of dieting for 5 years! I am now back doing it the healthy, organic way. I know its a seductive program because its so simple, but real food tastes better and doesn't have dangerous chemicals in it. :noway:
  • greeneggsam
    Options

That's unusual.

My mom and I had been pestering my grandma to take control of her weight after reaching a BMI of 40, which came with type II diabetes and coronary bypass surgery. Because my mom had great success on Nutrisystem, she and Gram brought it up with Gram's cardiologist, and he practically jumped out of his seat screaming "Yes, yes, do it!" His opinion was that, at least for her, the benefits of weight loss using Nutrisystem offset any sodium concerns.