Easy, but fast Calorie Burner

Options
So I like to burn a lot of calories in a little bit of time. What's one of the best things to do that will quickly burn calories?

I don't have much time every day to workout, so anything that will help burn a lot in a little amount of time would be amazing

Replies

• kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I work out at a gym, and I find nothing burns more calories for me than the elliptical machine. It kicks my butt!
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Cardio kickboxing.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    For sheer max burn in minimum time, I'll second the kickboxing/tai bo style workouts.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    HIIT hands down xD
  • charlibets
    charlibets Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    So I like to burn a lot of calories in a little bit of time. What's one of the best things to do that will quickly burn calories?

I don't have much time every day to workout, so anything that will help burn a lot in a little amount of time would be amazing

20 minutes on treadmill, at a brisk pace, varying the elevation:

3 minutes level 1
    2 minutes level 3
    2 minutes level 6
    2 minutes level 9
    2 minutes level 12
    2 minutes level 9
    2 minutes level 6
    2 minutes level 3
    3 minutes level 1
  • alanaosu
    alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Running
    Skipping
    HIIT
    Bodyrock.tv
  • exercisarah
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv! i burn around 12 cals per minute, and the workouts are short but super intense if you're doing them right! they work every part of your body, and fast! completely free website and workouts!
  • truecaligirl
    truecaligirl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I work out at a gym, and I find nothing burns more calories for me than the elliptical machine. It kicks my butt!

I totally agree...especially if you increase the resistance you will get a good burn!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Jumping jack or jumprope intervals. 1 minute jumping jacks or jumprope as fast as humanly possible/1 minute walking it place and keep repeating for 20 minutes. BIG burn...
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Same here, I love the Elliptical, it's a great workout!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I agree with the elliptical. At the resistance I am up to, I burn 14 calories per minute. And I like to do it. Double bonus! LOL
  • dinnae
    dinnae Posts: 28
    Options
    This was my EXACT issue. I have 3 little ones, and my only time to exercise is when the youngest is napping... and in that time, I have to do laundry, clean the house, exercise, make dinner AND fit in quality time with my middle child on his own... basically fit 8 hours of work into 2, 1 hour naps. O_o

I ordered the FIRM Express the other day, I saw an infomercial, and it's 20 minute workouts, 3 times a week. Check out their website, it explains the "science" behind why their workouts are so short and still able to achieve maximum results. By the way, I am NOT paid by them to endorse their product, LOL

http://www.firmdirect.com/firm/ecs/main/firm-express-get-thin-in-30.html#about-express

They have 4 different levels to work out at, and the beginner one is 3-4 times a week. How you "step up" your levels is by a) working out more times per week AND/OR doing more than one dvd.

Mine should be arriving this week, and I'm VERY excited to try it. :) Would love to have a work out buddy to keep accountable!
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv! i burn around 12 cals per minute, and the workouts are short but super intense if you're doing them right! they work every part of your body, and fast! completely free website and workouts!

This is where it's at, since Zuzana uses bodyweight/resistance exercises and I'm assuming that with your limited time allotment, you can't dedicate lifting time either. Give it a shot.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    give ur boyfriend sum luv'n
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    give ur boyfriend sum luv'n

How about no!
    Waiting till I'm married, thank you very much
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member