Wow, my "good" lunch at Red Robin was 900

Options

Replies

• Nurse_krissy
    Nurse_krissy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Last time I went and ordered the whiskey river BBQ wrap thinking it was a better choice than a burger. WRONG! It was like 1100 calories and the sodium was INSANE! I refuse to go there anymore because I can't build a decent meal for under 500 calories. Crazy!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    UGH! Just went her for dinner as only had breakfast running around all day. I knew that the macros would be high for fast food, but damn, RR! For HALF an All American Patty and 3/4 order of fries it was

1,079 calories
    35g protein
    83 carbs
    2 sat fat (website did not have any listed for burger but know that can't be right)
    1,404mg sodium
    68g fat

FFFFFFFFFFF!!!!

And that is not including my Irish Shake as it isn't online. So over in calories and fat today :(
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    The problem I have with most sandwiches and burgers at restaurant is... the amount of butter / mayo / pesto that they slather on each side of the bread!!
  • dejamos
    dejamos Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    They had to go and invent the sweet potato fries.

Wot?
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Eh I had a turkey burger lettuce wrapped and a side order of fries for under 600. I don't see that as terrible, i just work it into my day.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    +1 for in n out burger :)
    Love me some In-N-Out Burger! :love:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    :huh: Are ya'll really surprised? Really? :huh:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I never go to Red Robin while cutting back. If I don't get the breaded chicken sandwich, I'll be sad. But if I look at the breaded chicken sandwich calories, I'll also be sad.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Perhaps next time skip the side salad and have a whole burger.

Oh, sure, it isn't fewer calories...

...but it's more delicious.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    calories! HALF a burger and a side salad.

Oh wow, that is good for that place. Without trying I can get them to put together a 1500 calorie burger...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem.

I'm going out to eat tomorrow and I plan to throw down at least 1500 calories. What's the point of going out if you don't eat all the tasty things?

MFP confuses me.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Red Robin will lettuce wrap any burger for you! I always do that when I end up there. I skip the cheese and mayo too. More boring but way safer. I usually get the gardenburger, lettuce wrapped, no cheese. Even with the bun, the garden burger is less than 600 calories though.
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    I don't see the problem.

I'm going out to eat tomorrow and I plan to throw down at least 1500 calories. What's the point of going out if you don't eat all the tasty things?

MFP confuses me.

Agreed I love IHOP. The chocolate chip pancake meal with eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns is around 1600+ calories. I get it every time.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    If I happen to be worried about calories at RR I go with 4 chicken breast, lettuce wrapped w/ double broccoli. ~100 g protein <500 cal.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem.

MFP confuses me.

While I agree with you (if I'm paying to eat out, I eat the good stuff), some people go out a lot for various and don't want to throw down 1500 calories at one meal quite so often.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That honestly doesnt surprise me. I had a burger at applebees and just the burger was 1360 calories! I mean it is a crazy amount of calories. But restaurants add calories to make their food taste exceptionally good. I guess thats why if you want a good low cal burger, its easier to make one at home. Not always conveinent, but easier to cut out calories.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Yeah, tonight I ate an angus burger that I cooked myself, and it was 700+, not counting the bun and the condiments. I haven't eaten one in almost 2 years, but was craving one for some reason.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    This makes me glad that I don't like Red Robin :sick:
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    That is actually totally believable to me especially if your burger contained bacon, cheese or any kind of mayo type spread and your salad was ordered with ranch dressing, cheese etc. Things can very easily add up, I'm all about IIFYM so I think a 900 calorie "Splurge" is 100 percent doable but it's obviously a lot easier to spread those calories out unless you want to run 10 miles or half starve the rest of the day. Although your body can't tell time from day to day, so if you were to eat lighter on another day or exercise longer to make up for it you'd actually still be able to be within your weekly goals and lose weight...just saying totally possible if you don't wanna have to give stuff up. However if you do want to keep things lower cal, skip the bun on the burger, I doubt you'll miss it, or only eat half the bun. Skip the mayo and the bacon and the cheese OR pick ONE of these, not all 3. As for Salad, get the lowest cal option of dressing, or switch to veggies which have more flavorfor and less calories even if you get them with the butter or whatever they cook them with than in a side salad with certain dressing and toppings (especially cheese/crutons/ fatty dressings)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem.

MFP confuses me.

While I agree with you (if I'm paying to eat out, I eat the good stuff), some people go out a lot for various and don't want to throw down 1500 calories at one meal quite so often.

I suppose, though I would expect people who eat out a lot to be up on the calorie counts at the places they frequent and not blindsided (what with the internet and the phone app.) I was looking at it from the point of view of someone who doesn't go out often and, with that point of view in mind, I don't get being hung up on the calories for a rare night out.