Not to be hardcore-but i'm disgusted with myself

Options
OK i know this kinda thing happens all the time but being a medical professional and after watching my husband go thru a horrible time losing his 130lbs (via surgery without a choice) i KNOW i should not be going thru this again. BUT I AM! GRRRRR

2 years ago i lost almost 40lbs...i went from 188 to about 150-152.....I weighed that until earlier this year and since around march I have gained ....lost a few....and gained.....i now weigh 190lbs....probabably not much compared to some, but in my defense it is the biggest i've ever been, I am short so it is worse than if i were taller, AND I have diabetes and PCOS, so i certainly know that I do not need to be this big.

BUT alas I am here and it sucks....I am not up for a piuty party but i have to talk to someone (s) who go thru same issues instead of hearing "eat less, exercise more"

BTW.....both PCOS and Diabetes have given me a very high insulin resistance that have all but shut down my metabolism....NOT an excuse but please understand I can not "just eat less" and lose. I do know what I have to do, i just need some cronies to do it with

:-)

Replies

• LAWIII
    LAWIII Posts: 50
    Options
    We are with you!! Let's go. You got this. Exercise!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the PCOS front, i am loosing but it is such an uphill struggle. I have been doing this for 100 days now and have lost 13lbs, eating properly and doign loads of excercise.

You can do this, you have done it before (as have I) and we can both do it again. If you would like a friend who understands the PCOS struggle feel free to send a friends request :smile:
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

Couldn't have said it better myself.. Let's go!
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    Hey I'm in the same boat, but with thyroid issues:grumble: it really sucks:sad: I was doing great, exercise on the elliptical everyday, watching what I ate, then it was like my body decided it wasn't playing fair anymore... so here I am again...and finding it hard to be positive again...
    Feel free to add me to your friend list:flowerforyou:
    Ann
    p.s. I love your horse:smile:
  • medic_632
    Options
    HI guys....wow that was quick, thanks! I do need to go, now someone tell my already sleep deprived rear that i HAVE to get up at 5am and hit the gym cause thats the only time, i can gurantee (maybe) that I will not be interupted
  • stripedsocks
    Options
    Hi and welcome.
    I can't remember the last time this behind was out of bed before 7am, let alone 5! :noway:
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well and was told that I would amost certainly become diabetic if I continued to gain weight. Losing with PCOS is hard...I know what you mean it's not quite the same as your run of the mill "eat less move more". I'm really hoping to stay on the right track this time...
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    HI guys....wow that was quick, thanks! I do need to go, now someone tell my already sleep deprived rear that i HAVE to get up at 5am and hit the gym cause thats the only time, i can gurantee (maybe) that I will not be interupted

Trust me, honey. You can do it. It isn't going to be pretty or easy but you can do it. On crazy days when I don't have much time to exercise, I throw in a 20 minute workout video. My newest choice (thanks to a MFP friend) is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Schred. I'm 20 years older than you, you still have youth on your side! You must do this now before your health gets worse. Good luck!
  • hkrl
    hkrl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have to get up at 5 every day to exercise as well. My husband leaves for work at 6:15am so it is the only time I can do it and not be interrupted. My baby is 4 months old and still gets up once during the night to eat. I just TRY to go to bed early so that I feel somewhat rested when the alarm goes off. But, let's face it... who can feel rested at 5am even if they have gotten 7 or 8 hours of sleep... even if that sleep is uninterrupted! Every morning when the alarm goes off I have a mental battle with myself but then I convince myself that I'll just get up and go for a slow walk for 20 minutes because that's better than doing nothing. Once I start, I pick up motivation and am able to do interval runs for 25 minutes. Then I do a Jillian Michaels video. BUT, it's the getting out of bed that's difficult! You just have to keep telling yourself that it's mind over matter and ask yourself every morning... "what do I want more, 30 more minutes of sleep or to lose 30 pounds?" I gained a lot of weight with my recent pregnancy and haven't been able to get it off. Despite the lack of sleep, I feel BETTER when I get up and exercise than when I indulge and sleep in. Mentally, I mean. I just feel better about myself when I get up and exercise. I am not someone who has a lot of determination when it comes to exercise so if I can do this, you can do this!! :smile:
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Do it To it!
    :bigsmile:
  • medic_632
    Options
    my biggest problem with sleep is my job, i am a firefighter and a medic and I am a supervisor for a local ambulance company which utilizes my phone almost constantly....so sleep is never solid for, never has been though

swimchi....yea i have been pre-disposed to DM since i was born, my dad's entire family is diabetic and part of my mother's side, i have been monitored for it since i was little, and diagnosed as a "pre-diabetic" at 16, full blown a few years ago

can't remember who said somethign about my horse, but YES i loved him too!! he was the best ever! unfort he passed away in 2009 :( i miss him terribly and havent found anything to replace him yet....ironically enough he was a diabetic and it wasnt caught until it shut down his kidneys (diabetes is very rare in horses)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

You can do it! :) It might be slow, but you CAN do this. Just don't rush it and try to enjoy the process.