Crystal Light?

Options
Who adds Crystal Light to their water? I just got the Crystal Light Pure Mixed Blend today. How much do you add to your water??

Replies

• dotmertsky
    Options
    I don't drink or eat anything with aspartame - it's not good for you. So I have no idea how much to add. I drink plain pure water and Zevia which is sweetened with stevia which is a natural sweetener. Do some research on aspartame and you'll see
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I use Mio
  • Picklepower
    Picklepower Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I use the walmart brand but i use the packets so i don't have to measure powder.
  • melpru
    melpru Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love crystal light. I usually put one packet in a bottle of water. I probably drink 2-3 a day, its the only way for me to get all my water in because I don't really like regular water.
  • snc1212
    snc1212 Posts: 38
    Options
    I don't use aspartame anymore either...I used to rely on it.
  • Marcel7
    Marcel7 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had one half of the crystal light individual packs. I like to add it to water to give some variety. While I realize that pure water is better for you, I don't see that Crystal Light is that bad.
  • stardozer
    stardozer Posts: 180
    Options
    I love crystal light. I usually put one packet in a bottle of water. I probably drink 2-3 a day, its the only way for me to get all my water in because I don't really like regular water.

same here!!
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I drink it in most of my water, with the exception being any water I drink at the gym. I only like it really lightly flavored and I use the to-go packets made for water bottles, so I have a pitcher that holds 56oz of water and I'll put one packet of the drink mix in it. It gives it a hint of flavor and I don't feel like I'm drinking kool-aid! You'll also find people on here who won't count that as water, but i do!
  • Luckiestmomever
    Luckiestmomever Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use it once or twice a week when I am totally sick of water, lol. I have a 64 ounce water bottle I keep on my desk and I put one packet in (the kind meant for a 16 ounce water bottle.) So I figure I am getting a little taste to my water while using the artificial stuff very minimally. It works and tastes great.
  • tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't add anything to my water either. If i'm in the mood for a sweet beverage, I drink gatorade and mix it with water! (Even G2). I have heard Mio is pretty good too.

Also; I recommend to everyone getting a filtration system. Brita, PuR, etc. I cannot stand the taste of water when it comes from a public source. I have a 20 oz Brita water bottle (has a filter in it) and I take it everywhere with me. Filters water right in your hand! :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I don't drink or eat anything with aspartame - it's not good for you. So I have no idea how much to add. I drink plain pure water and Zevia which is sweetened with stevia which is a natural sweetener. Do some research on aspartame and you'll see

Ha. Stevia is just as artificially processed as aspartame, and has also had a very shady time of getting FDA approval, just like aspartame. It's also perfectly fine in moderation, just like aspartame.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I use the packets. It's supposed to be 1 packet to 16 oz. of water, but I use 1/2 packet in 24 oz. of water. It's more like slightly flavored water that way...just how I like it.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    i use the single serving ones, and put it it my water bottle. but my water bottle is 24 ounces. just flavors it a bit that way.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I use crystal light all the time. it depends on which one you buy. if you get the one in the box then you add one tube to a bottle of water but if you get the round containers then you add one container to a pitcher of water.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    From Wikipedia:

"The artificial sweetener aspartame has been the subject of several controversies since its initial approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1974. The FDA approval of aspartame was highly contested,[1] with critics alleging that the quality of the initial research supporting its safety was inadequate and flawed and that conflicts of interest marred the approval of aspartame.[2][3][4] In 1987, the U.S. Government Accountability Office concluded that the food additive approval process had been followed properly for aspartame.[2][5] In spite of this, critics like anti-aspartame activist Betty Martini[6] have promoted undocumented claims that numerous health risks (such as multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus, methanol toxicity, blindness, spasms, shooting pains, seizures, headaches, depression, anxiety, memory loss, birth defects and death[7]) are associated with the consumption of aspartame in normal doses. These health risk claims have been examined and debunked by numerous scientific research projects, and are also generally dismissed by governments and major health and food safety organizations.[2][8][9]

Publicity of this controversy has been spread through an elaborate health scare[10] and "Internet smear campaign"[11] involving hoax[10][12][11] e-mails repeating Betty Martini's widely circulated conspiracy theory. Her undocumented claims are still repeated by thousands of self-published Web sites.

Aspartame has been found to be safe for human consumption by more than ninety countries worldwide,[13][14] with FDA officials describing aspartame as "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved" and its safety as "clear cut".[4] The weight of existing scientific evidence indicates that aspartame is safe as a non-nutritive sweetener.[8]"

I use it sparingly (because I love the taste of water too), but I do use the packets. I think it is about a teaspoon to 2 teaspoons per pack.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i like the focus citrus flavor, its how i weaned myself off pop in the morning. i use 1 packet in my 32 oz bottle and i drink about 3 of these a day
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do.

Raspberry Ice ftw.
  • treeniemarie
    treeniemarie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ok, first gotta say never use Wikipedia, not a reliable source at all, colleges and other schools will not use it as a reference at all because its so easily altered. However everyone has their choice on aspartame since like eggs, one day its good for you one day its bad. The research goes both ways, so really its up to someone to decide if they want to drink stuff with it in it or not. My doctor and dietitian have no issues with it, so using Crystal light is not an bad decision for me. I love crystal light but was also recommended to use the Kelloggs H20 protein mix. It only comes in three flavors, at least that I have seen so far but love it
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I use CL for a replenisher drink when I run. I mix it per the instructions but add a few items:

1 Crystallight packet
    1/4 tsp Morton Lite Salt
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    Heaping 1/2 cup sugar
    2 quarts water

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Your-Own-Damn-Sports-Drink/
  • chickenhead99
    Options
    I stay away from aspertame , here is something to consider , we have hard water and it causes terrible rust/iron stains. My dishwasher looked horrible , the racks were almost orange from iron deposits. My firend ( science teacher) told me to use crystal light ( lemon lime smells best) hehe. When cycle was done I could not beleive my eyes. It looked brand new inside!!! Like the day I bought it....imagine what it is doing in our bodies?! YIKES.!