Ok, ok, maybe there is a difference.. (pics)

Options
Samerah12
Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
I've been whining a lot lately that even though I've lost a significant amount of weight and there are obvious differences in my body, my face still looks just as big. I'm one of those giant watermelon head people with the four chins and no cheekbones. Always been annoying but even MORE annoying to see the weight loss everywhere but there.

WELL maybe there IS a difference! Red shirt- couple years ago, still probably 20 lbs lighter than my highest. Tan shirt- 10 minutes ago, probably 35 lbs lighter than the red shirt pic. Its a more flattering camera angle but I think there is still an actual difference. Maybe not in chin reduction but I think my cheeks do look less doughy.

backpacking063-1.jpg

Jacksayshello.jpg

Also, apparently I make a mighty fine doggie head-rest.

OH! and the biggest difference? In both those shots I'm wearing a race shirt. The difference? The top one was a race my dad ran (yeah, I wear my dads clothes, I's good with the fashions), the bottom is the shirt I got from the very first race I ran myself.

Replies

• Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    There is a definite difference!!! You look great :-)
  • adrianneboyd
    adrianneboyd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Good for you!....I haven't taken any after pics yet...maybe I should LOL!
  • TheTonyPony
    Options
    Heeelllo cheekbones!
  • Brownskinbeauti
    Options
    You look great !
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    There is a DEFINITE difference! Even in "chin reduction" as you put it. :) You're looking great.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, big difference. And no it's not just the camera angle.

In the second picture I can't tell if you have the double chin or not. I'd like to know how to get rid of that if anyone knows. I'm only like 15-20 pounds overweight and still have it.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    There is definitely a difference! Your face looks much slimmer in the second pic! Keep it up, looking good!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I see the difference!
  • gracielou09
    Options
    It be better if it was a straight on photo for a good comparison but I can really tell a difference anyways!!! keep it up girl!!!
  • keeping_on
    keeping_on Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Pssh, woman, there's a major difference, even with the 2nd shot being a slightly wonky pose. If anything it shows that the difference is even more drastic as you appear to have your face pushed down toward your neck and STILL look much slimmer. Lookit those smile muscles d'awwwwww.
  • Samerah12
    Options
    Oh yeah, big difference. And no it's not just the camera angle.

In the second picture I can't tell if you have the double chin or not. I'd like to know how to get rid of that if anyone knows. I'm only like 15-20 pounds overweight and still have it.

Unfortunately our bodies just let go of weight from wherever they want. There is no spot reduction.

My little bro is close to being underweight and he still has a little double chin so there's probably not a ton of hope I'll ever get rid of mine completely. Just the way we're put together!
  • Samerah12
    Options
    Pssh, woman, there's a major difference, even with the 2nd shot being a slightly wonky pose. If anything it shows that the difference is even more drastic as you appear to have your face pushed down toward your neck and STILL look much slimmer. Lookit those smile muscles d'awwwwww.

d'awwwwwwwwww, keeping on just d'awwwwwwwwwed me!
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Definite difference!! You look awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • Samerah12
    Options
    Thanks you guys!!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Ah! I think there is another picture missing! The pre-before picture! There is even more face before the red shirt picture in some of my pictures from earlier "freshman-15" times. We only keep the ones we like, as I know well from my own before pictures. You HAVE got a lot of facial features starting to poke out of that-there head! And a neck! Notice your eyes are getting bigger! The temples are wider than your lower cheeks.

Like when you were a baby I always see you in you, no matter the baby fat. But you have lost the baby fat again. Like your little Sister says, you are beautiful :) I have a caracterature of you when you were 8-10 and you look like that again to me. You are getting younger by the minute. They will start to card you next?

When we made your mini mi for Wi you picked the chin that was wider than the top of your head for your first Wi Mi. We had better fix that!! It's not you! Lets remember for a minute that your younger sister is going to pass you up soon in size because you are starting to wear small clothes and she has yet to have her growth spurt.
  • lov3vh
    lov3vh Posts: 70
    Options
    def a difference :)
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic!!! Huge difference!!! Great job!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic!!! Huge difference!!! Great job!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Are those dimples? You can definitely see a difference! One day I was driving down the road and realized I have cheek bones! Now I can't stop touching them!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    There is totally a difference. Congrats!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!