Looking for a REALLY good sports bra.

Options
Okay, I am not trying to be a perv or anything, but I am very large breasted and I need to know where I can find a good tight and inexpensive sports bra. I would love one that makes the girls completely immobile. I am living in U.S. if anyone knows of any stores in the states? Please help...

Replies

• Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I went to Walmart of all places, and found a danskin bra that I bought a size too small. It works wonders, and it was like ten bucks!
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    I found a GREAT one at TJ Maxx a few days ago... it was 16.99.

I love that store!
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't actually have that issue :frown: But my one friend who is in the same situation, she said she dbls them up sometimes, wears a size smaller for the under one. Just make sure its not painful. Good luck:flowerforyou: 11209539.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx and Marshalls have name brand bras that work well.

Best trick: Double bag. Buy two cheap-o bras that are maybe a size too small. Your girls won't go anywhere.
  • brookjodie
    brookjodie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ya, those stores don't even carry my size in regular bras. I was hoping someone would know where I can go for bigger bra sizes. :(
  • heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    Have you tried Lane Bryant's Cacique (their underwear store) or Torrid? I'm not sure if either carry sports wear but they have larger bra sizes.
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Lane Bryant's Cacique (their underwear store) or Torrid? I'm not sure if either carry sports wear but they have larger bra sizes.

I know Torrid doesn't sell sports bras, I would have totally bought one from there by now if they did!
  • LindsayT2012
    LindsayT2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have that problem and I have to wear 2 Sports bras. and it is still annoying I would love to find something to make them immoble
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What about Moving Comfort? They aren't that cheap but they last forever and they're available up through E cups... I'm a D and I bought a Fiona style, totally worth every penny. And you can find them for cheaper than their site on ebay and amazon, which is nice.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    www.bravissimo.com has bras from curvy to really super curvy. There UK but can **** to America.
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    I am a marathon runner and I wear only Lululemon sports bras. Occasionally you can find them on sale half price for $30. I stock up. They are worth every penny. My favorite style is Tata tamer.
  • fdonhauser
    Options
    Im a 36DD and my favorite sports bra is Champion, the kind with the cami straps. It may sound ridiculous to have cami straps on large breasts, but the front of the bra covers up more and since the straps are thinner they don't hurt my shoulders after holding the weight. I run in them and am comfortable enough to not even think about my boobs while running (I'd say thats a good sign!).
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am so glad i am not the only one with this issue. I wear a minimize bra under my sports bra. My ladies are shrinking so I think at goal weight it won't be such an issue
  • NianMaya
    NianMaya Posts: 108
    Options
    you should try Lane Bryant "Cacique" brand, they are having a sale right now! Buy 2, get 1 free :)
  • aninamika
    aninamika Posts: 159
    Options
    BERLEI make really good sports bras but they're an Aussie brand. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find 'em over there. As for the posts for getting smaller sized bras - ladies that's a MASSIVE NO-NO! Not only is it not flattering, it can be uncomfortable and damaging to the lift and shape of your breasts! Here's a link to just one article on wearing ill-fitting bras
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-182372/Is-bra-bad-you.html
    Unfortunately, bras are expensive and there will be cheaper ones that do just as good a job as the expensive ones but if you are having trouble finding cheap ones in your size then you will have to buy a pricier one. Rather than buy 2 or 3 though, buy 1 to start off with and save for the next one. You are going to be losing weight anyway and you don't want to be buying more than what you need. Maintaining your health will be expensive at times but it's the price we pay in order to enjoy the benefits of a good life.
    GOOD LUCK!
    :bigsmile:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    There's a very fit woman that jogs through my neighborhood. She needs a better sports bra. They swing so much I think they might strangle her one day.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Walmart has some larger sports bras in the Danskin brand. They had at least 2x, maybe higher. I bought a size down in a "high-impact" version. It has been the best investment yet.

I think it is important for large-breasted women to buy a size down in a sports bra to get the immobility they are looking for. I bought "my size" in a couple of sports bras, and they just did not support me. They fit...but no support. Keep that in mind if you have to purchase online rather than from a store.

If Walmart absolutely will not work... Have you checked the Avenue?
  • scleesh
    scleesh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm a DDD or E for this company. I HAD this same problem. I just had to come off the money one day. I ordered one offline. It's a "Moving Comfort". I LOVE it. Here it is...

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Maia/350011,default,pd.html?dwvar_350011_color=420&start=1&cgid=sportsbras&prefn1=cupsize&prefv1=E&prefn2=style&prefv2=Underwire&srule=top-sellers
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    BERLEI make really good sports bras but they're an Aussie brand. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find 'em over there. As for the posts for getting smaller sized bras - ladies that's a MASSIVE NO-NO! Not only is it not flattering, it can be uncomfortable and damaging to the lift and shape of your breasts! Here's a link to just one article on wearing ill-fitting bras
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-182372/Is-bra-bad-you.html
    Unfortunately, bras are expensive and there will be cheaper ones that do just as good a job as the expensive ones but if you are having trouble finding cheap ones in your size then you will have to buy a pricier one. Rather than buy 2 or 3 though, buy 1 to start off with and save for the next one. You are going to be losing weight anyway and you don't want to be buying more than what you need. Maintaining your health will be expensive at times but it's the price we pay in order to enjoy the benefits of a good life.
    GOOD LUCK!
    :bigsmile:

Most of that article is against bras as a whole. I bought several sports bras in "my size" that were not supportive, would that not be considered an "ill-fitting bra"? If I need these babies to be immobile, wearing a sports bra a size down is the only option...
  • ohraspberries13
    Options
    There's a very fit woman that jogs through my neighborhood. She needs a better sports bra. They swing so much I think they might strangle her one day.

LOL! Every time I buy a sports bra I'm going to think of this.