Do drinks count toward the daily calorie allowance?

Options
Hello there

I'm new to all this and just wondered if I should be recording my drinks too?

Thanks for your help :)

Replies

• Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yes mostly definitely :)
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If they have calories, YES.

Record ANY calorie going into your stomach.
  • beautybiz
    beautybiz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Drinks that have calories count. Even coffee :grumble: without creamer and sweetener.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    they sure do! that's why many suggest drinking water! You get more full from eating than drinking, but those drink calories still count!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.

Unfortunately, drink calories aren't "free". Drinking high calories things can derail your weight loss if you don't log them.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yes, log all of it! Drink calories don't magically pass through your system without being digested. For that matter, also log oils and sauces you cook your foods in
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yes. Although the choice to count the lesser ones is up to you. For water mix-ins that are 10 calories per 12 fluid ounces, I just ignore them as calories to "count".

I definitely count coffee with creamer though. It's rather substantial.

You are free to work your program however works best for you. WeightWatchers used to have zero point foods. Not sure if they still do. If I eat a handful of baby carrots, I don't bother to count them.

It's sometimes nice to have (small) amounts of healthy foods that you don't bother to count. As long as you don't cheat and eat one pound of carrots, you would probably be fine in deciding not to count the calories from a handful of baby carrots. WW people once got angry because carrots stopped being 0 points. My mother-in-law, a long-time WeightWatcher, retorted that "carrots are not what got these people into weight problems in the first place [lighten up]".
  • ohraspberries13
    Options
    Yeah, it's insane how many calories you can drink in a day if you don't pay attention.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I usually count the first ones, and tend to forget the ones at the end of the night :):):)
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Yes, you want to log EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth... You could be eating/exercising right, but if you don't log your beverages, you might not know what's preventing your weight loss! This way, you'll be able to pinpoint it with no problem.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Yep - alas a couple of hundred of my calories per day are from coffees and other drinks. Unfortunately I cannot give up coffee! Or the occasional beer/wine, so I have to work them off or simply sacrifice other things for them.
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Yes everything that goes in your mouth
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You mean that beer isn't free?

*sigh* :(
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    yes yes yes. they are the calories that add up the fastest! i personnal don't drink my calories anymore...i want to chew my calorie....lol
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    If you are serious about your weight loss, you will count EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth.
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would suggest even logging in the diet sodas if you are drinking them to see how much sodium you are getting. It was a real eye opener for me. I highly recommend Fuze Slenderize that are 10-20 calories each. They taste great but they aren't cheap. If others disagree they are free to comment.
  • kikislove2
    kikislove2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Most definitely. A drink can be 200 calories, and that can be the thing that takes you over your daily calorie limit and derail your efforts. Be careful with them because a lot of drinks are empty calories and pretty much a big jug of sugar. So go for the zero calorie drinks as much as possible.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    If they didn't count I would be drinking cappuccinos all day long. LOL I don't like regular coffee.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Anything with calories or nutrients.
    Even diet cola has some nutrients in it.