Jello??

Options
Good? Bad? Neither? What are your thoughts??

Replies

• MattySparky
    Options
    Good? Bad? Neither? What are your thoughts??
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    sugar free is great!!! nice snack, not that many calories!!!!
  • spiritdncr
    Options
    Make a good snack if you choose sugar free. I like to add diceed fruit to add texture to it.
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Like they said, its good if you choose sugar free, but personally one usually makes me want more. Lol. Things like that only make me want to eat because there's nothing in it to satisfy me. It's like a teaser! But, like I said, that's just me.
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    I have always liked jello since i was little. that is what i'm known for in my family. and my mom always makes it for me when we go to visit. just a little while ago, my 13 year old niece was diagnosed with type one diabetes and one snack that she can have at any time is the brand name sugar free JELLO. along with that she can have Lipton Diet Green Tea and cheese strings. I tried them all just to show her that she isnt so much different than Auntie so she wouldnt feel bad, and they are actaully really good. I have my husband as well as my sister-in-law hooked on the iced tea. my husband takes the cheese strings to work for a snack and i find myself taking the jello cups to work intead of the usual toast.
  • Dustdevil
    Options
    I eat the sugar free and I like to put a chopped apple in it before it firms up. The chopped apple gives it a little something to sink your teeth into. Spray the apple with a little lemon or lime juice to keep it from turning brown.
  • Katgod318
    Katgod318 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Gelatin or Pudding??? Either way they are both really good.:love: I prefer the pudding, especially as a sweet or chocolate snack. YUM!! Like everyone else said though, you want to go for the sugar free. In the gelatin I think there is like 10 calories and 60 in the pudding.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    Make a good snack if you choose sugar free. I like to add diceed fruit to add texture to it.

sounds good, but doesn't adding diced fruit kinda defeat the purpose of having sugar free jello?
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

sounds good, but doesn't adding diced fruit kinda defeat the purpose of having sugar free jello?

Sort of, but only the no calorie part. You can actually add a fair amount of nutrition (vitamins, minerals, fiber, etc) with minimal calories if you use a small amount of fresh fruit. Plus it makes it more satisfying if there is some texture.

I agree with the others. janiebeth
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I just had a serving of sugar free jello at 10 calories, woo-hoo. Add some fat free cool whip at 25 calories and I had a great dessert!