What is your favorite nutritious (healthy) snack??

Options
2»

Replies

• ETC80
    ETC80 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Gala apples, navel oranges, Activia Low Fat/Fat Free yogurt in any flavor except for strawberry/banana, and radishes...

I try to keep a ready-supply of all...
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt mixed in a baked potato
    apple slices smeared with peanut butter
    milk, banana, and walnuts
    pistachios
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Fruit. God I love fruit.
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    dried apricots -& raw almonds - with a cuppa.

Diced fresh apple with raw nuts - a great combo.

Gelato or frozen yoghurt.

cut up veges - cucumber, tomatos, carrots - with a healthy choice dip.

Celery with cream cheese mmmmmm
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Oh - nutritious and healthy? Salty snack - air popped popcorn. Sweet snack - strawberries, table spoon of crunchy nut cereal.
  • krissykross
    Options
    Whole wheat tortilla with peanut butter and sliced banana. If I'm feeling like a treat, I'll sprinkle a couple chocolate chips on it.
  • caitmcwill
    Options
    noosa mango yoghurt. love it! :)
  • kg1058
    kg1058 Posts: 26
    Options
    No Woman Cheese and a couple of reduced fat triscuits or a Rye-krisp! (Cheese is my downfall, but this is a great splurge for me!)
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat tortilla with peanut butter and sliced banana. If I'm feeling like a treat, I'll sprinkle a couple chocolate chips on it.

Wow - one of my exact made-up treats... the PB banana burrito on whole wheat tortilla... hilarious, so exact, right down to the sprinkle of chocolate chips (if my daily goal numbers allow it!)
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I love yogurt mixed with a granola bar. Yummy!
  • likescoffee
    likescoffee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mm.. I can't wait to try out some of these ideas. I like frozen bananas, white nectarines, frozen blueberries in milk, and cucumbers mixed with Paul Newman's Olive Oil and Vinegar salad dressing along with grinding salt and pepper on it.
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Oh I should say what my actual favorite healthy snack *is* - it's 1/2 cup of frozen berries. My favorite time to have it is 1am as that is when my body thinks it's really fun to have a hot flash and the frozen berries cool me back off so I can get to sleep.