It's my time

Hi, I joined yesterday and so far am very excited. I have a long way to go and I actually think using this process will get me there. I am a caregiver and do not put myself anywhere near #1 on my list. Add to that an emotional eater with lots and lots of drama in my life and you can begin to grasp the weight problems.

Now I find myself at a crossroad in my life with lots of excitement and sadness all at the same time. I am losing my job due to downsizing. I like my job and adore most of the people I work with. I find my work very exciting and challenging and I have for almost 12 years. So, do I seek another job (I am almost 64 years old), walk on the creative side, become a stay at home grandma and take care of my grandsons, retire (which I can't really afford to do) and what of the possibility of love and romance?

See - crossroads with excitement, anticipation and sadness all at the same time. No matter which of these I take, I am determined to make me #1! That includes getting back to a healthy and toned me. I like the daily diary and the accountability that goes with it. Although intellectually I know what and how to eat, I don't follow that wisdom.

I will now become a wise woman as well as smart, cute and creative - how's that for upbeat?

I am excited to read the support and enthusiam shown by everyone on the posts and boards I have viewed so far. I welcome your support and assistance and I in turn will provide mine.

:flowerforyou: a flower for all of you...

Replies

• Add me if you'd like. I've been on here for 6 weeks today and i've lost 12lbs s far. This site is amazing, and the support for everyone on here is what helps me through it all.