NSV: The Buffet!

Options
I took my husband took his favorite hibachi & sushi buffet for dinner for his birthday. I was really worried because I LOVE sushi & fried rice & crab rangoon & all that fried stuff that is not so good for you. They also have amazing ice cream at this particular restaurant. Well, we got there and I ordered water instead of wine. I then got up to get food and instead of going straight for all the bad stuff, I went to the grill and got a small filet, a few shrimp, zucchini, onions, and mushrooms. No sushi rolls, no dessert or fried foods. It kind of helped that there were a lot of obese people there with heaping platefuls. I kept telling myself that I didn't want to look like that :/

Replies

• chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    good job!! :D
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    awesome job! you can eat out, make good choices, and enjoy yourself with no damage done!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Excelent work! What willpower, and hopefully it will only get easier :)

It is the buffet that always gets me, the food is so easily available and I have this unhealthy weird thought process that I have to eat until I hurt to get my money's worth (I'm such a cheap *kitten* :p)
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Excelent work! What willpower, and hopefully it will only get easier :)

It is the buffet that always gets me, the food is so easily available and I have this unhealthy weird thought process that I have to eat until I hurt to get my money's worth (I'm such a cheap *kitten* :p)

LOL! I always think the same way at a buffet.
  • Speedy89
    Options
    Nice work...and yeah, I know it's probably not good karma, but whenever I need extra motivation to stay fit, I usually just think about really obese, out of shape people.
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    I have trouble at buffets as well. My husband loves them. I agree, run from the fried stuff!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I love buffets and have absolutely no self control when I'm at one. My solution is to not go very often but enjoy myself when I'm there. I make slightly healthier choices but still eat way too much.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Great job~! I will agree buffets are my weakness ESPECIALLY when its some kind of asian food