Stuck on breakfasts...

Options
I just don't know what to do about breakfasts. I don't have a lot of ideas as to what to do that is quick and easy. I get discouraged when I start out the day with one of those cream and sugar with a bit of coffee drinks. Switching to tea helps, but I'm still not sure what to have with it, other than wheat toast, or cucumbers, or fruit. Being allergic to peanuts and egg is limiting what I can throw together fast in the morning. I am really getting sick of oatmeal and yogurt.

Sigh!

What is everyone else having for breakfast?

Replies

• jesskahh87
    jesskahh87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was having a problem with breakfasts too but lately I've been having a bowl of cereal (which is 110 calories) with almond milk (which is 40). It's very easy and very quick!!
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I just start the day with some Special K... and im sorry that rhymed.
  • dannytuc
    dannytuc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat leftover dinner food.
  • fitnfreeme
    fitnfreeme Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Fruit and greek yogurt. Yummy!
  • BodyUnderConstruction
    Options
    Smoothies with low fat yogurt and fruit (don't add sugar). Strawberry with banana and vanilla is super good.

Try eating leftovers! You don't have to have breakfast food for breakfast. As long as you're eating something!!
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage and Egg Whites on an english muffin. they are in the frozen section by the waffles and such....takes 2 min to microwave them and they are really good. Or some instant oatmeal....Also McDonald's oatmeal is really good but I try not to eat it unless I just don't have time.
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have to have protein in the morning or my hunger becomes too much but mid morning. My first response was going to be eggs...till I read you are allergic. If I am out of eggs, I'll have turkey breakfast sausage sandwich or protein shake. Kashi cereals are good for quick breakfast. I made some pumpkin pecan pancakes this weekend (used a vegan recipe so no eggs) and froze the leftovers, will pop in the toaster for quick breakfast.
  • wvjanie
    wvjanie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I cook up different whole grain cereals using a crock pot that I get going the night before so it is ready when I wake up. I also make enough for several days, portion it out and just have to microwave in the morning. Just add whatever fruits, nuts, etc. you want to vary things in the morning. You can put the crock pot on a light timer to better control how long you want things to cook.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, toast with jam, half bagel, grits, biscuits with jam or light butter or both, 1-2 slices of fresh bacon, sausage, small pancake or two, cereal, etc.

I usually eat 2 hard boiled eggs, a piece of whole wheat toast with homemade blackberry jam, and a small plain yogurt or 8 oz of skim milk or 8 oz. of orange juice. Protein at breakfast keeps me from getting hungry before lunch.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Keep you some taco meat in the ice box. Warm it up in the morning and have it in a pita with some spinach. If you don't have a lactose issue throw some cheese in there.
  • Biancalee76
    Options
    I'm awful at breakfast. I've never been a morning eater, so I usually eat a fiber one bar, and a snack a few hours later. I'm usually up for the day at 5:30-6 am.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    ok, I get your sick of oatmeal, but have you spruced it up with some protein powder, I personally like chocolate. This gives you a good amount of protein as well. I also will put banana in to sweeten it instead of sugar. I also make homemade banana muffins with protein power, made with whole wheat flour, extra banana's and flax seed just to make it a little better and they are low fat. Why not have some chicken in a roll up with sauteed green, red and yellow peppers with red onion. Who says your breakfast has to actually be breakfast....just a thought.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Almost every day I either have scrambled eggs (if I can afford a big meal I have them as a sandwich along with veggies and a slice of cheese) or Kashi GoLean Crunch (MUCH better than other kashi cereals) with yogurt instead of milk and some fruit. Also check out the cottage cheese thread there's lots of good ideas there.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. I've recently developed a deep love for it. Have you tried using plain quick oats and add your own fruit and a sweetening agent like honey. Either way, fast, low cal, and very filling. There's also baked oatmeal, which is a little different, but supposed to be super good.

Some cereal is great too, just watch calories and sugar content.

Also, some leftovers a great reheated for breakfast.
  • MaryStregger
    MaryStregger Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie with 2 scoops of visalus powder, one cup of tropicana orange juice, one tsp of ground flax seed and one cup of ice cubes. I blend it for several minutes so that it is good and frothy before I drink it. I have tried to find an alternate breakfast, but this one is only 200 calories and it satisfies me like nothing else. It also tastes super good.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Whoever says you have to have "breakfast" food for breakfast? Leftovers from dinner are perfect!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have two cups of coffee with half and half cream. I don't do breakfast my first meal is around 10:30 - 11am that works for me.
  • arfog
    arfog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are great!! I use fruit juice as the base for mine; other people use yogurt, but I don't particularly like it that way. Then frozen fruit and bananas, and throw in some protein powder for good measure.

The only way I measure is if the blender blades stop spinning the smoothie is too thick, and you have to add more juice. I bring it in the car in a travel mug, and drink it on the way to work!
  • rosefish225
    Options
    I usually have a smoothie made with the following:

1/2 cup Lakewood Organic Juice - Purple Harmony (Whole Foods)
    1 scoop Raw Protein powder (Whole Foods, Vitamine Shoppe)
    1/2 banana
    handful of berries
    extra water if too thick

It's a really great tasting, filling smoothie.
  • tinywithaBIGheart
    Options
    i usually have a bowl of special k with soy milk . its acually quite good with the soy milk =]