feeling depressed

Options
I am feeling so depressed My dog died in aug and whenever I think about her I get really teary I set up a memorial online and I just went to have a look to think about her and the page is gone I remember getting an E-mail a while ago about a change of address but cant find the e-mail and now I feel terrible and now feel like makeing hot chocolate and eating cookies which I cant do I feel on the verge of losing it and stuffing up my diet.

Thanks for listening just needed to cry and do something with my hands gonna go cuddle my puppy now I love him enough for her as well he is so sweet.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    I am feeling so depressed My dog died in aug and whenever I think about her I get really teary I set up a memorial online and I just went to have a look to think about her and the page is gone I remember getting an E-mail a while ago about a change of address but cant find the e-mail and now I feel terrible and now feel like makeing hot chocolate and eating cookies which I cant do I feel on the verge of losing it and stuffing up my diet.

Thanks for listening just needed to cry and do something with my hands gonna go cuddle my puppy now I love him enough for her as well he is so sweet.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I put my dog down in Dec before Christmas. He was old nad in pain, it was the right thing to do. I decided to keep his picture up!!!
  • hairprincess
    Options
    :heart: Tazzy. I am so sorry you are having a bad day, and I am so sorry to hear about your dog. (((hugs))))
    I know it is so hard to stop yourself from eating when you are having a sad/bad/angry/stressed time. Just remember, you have already identified your emotions and the reason you want to eat. You can get through this craving...it will pass! Write in a journal, post here, go for a walk, call a friend, chew a piece of gum, drink some hot tea.......find something to take your mind off it.
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Thank you feeling a touch better. I just cant get over losing her I have spoken to people and they say it can take months she was my first dog I picked her up 3 days after I moved out of my parents house and what hurts was she was only 8 she had heart problems and her organs failed I will never ever forget my last moments with her but I must move on becuase I have gained 8lbs since she died it just hurts. I have a picture of her on my mousemat my eyes fill when I look at it but I cant replace it.

elliot062907 I am sad for your loss it is always a tough decision I know I agonised over it and never ever want to make that decision again although it is probably inevitable. I find I am scared I will lose my puppy at a young age as he is the same breed I need to find a way to get through my emotions. Late at night is hard as my husband works shifts and gets up at 3am so he is in bed from 830 each night which leaves me on my own with my thoughts. I do get out a couple of nights a week. I supppose I just need to work through my emotions without food it wont help.

Gonna make some camomile tea now that should help.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    have you thought of rescuing another dog? I have 2 new furbabies since my rachy girl passed and they really help me get thru the day.

:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I know...It comforts me to know that my departed friend is in heaven, like yours is now too.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Tazzy, for us dog owners (and other animals too) It's not just that you lost a dog. You lost a member of your family. When our first dog died it was awful for months. I am was so scared to get another one. But there she is in the picture with me. I'm so glad we made the choice to do it again.
    With people or pets we don't know how long we have them for. What we can do is enjoy the time we have with them.
    Try not to worry about the what if's of the future. Enjoy your puppy.