~Vegan Police~

Options
Jennyisbusy
Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
Gelatto's not vegan? No, it;s got milk and eggs -*****!

Replies

• Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bahahahaha!!!!!!
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    lmao.jpg

I don't know why it's so funny, but it seriously made me LMAO. Thank you. :D
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I partake not in the meat, nor the breastmilk, nor the ovum, of any creature, with a face.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Okay, but did you know that Guiness is not vegetarian/vegan. This I did not know until I put it in a recipe on my vegetarian cooking blog. Talk about having egg on your face (good thing it is not a vegan blog, right....cuz I had egg on my face).
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Sigh, people are dumb. When I was vegan (I'm vegetarian now), I got asked all the time if I ate fish. Boggles my mind. They still ask, btw, but that's because a lot of people say they're veg when they're really pesca.
  • california_peach
    Options
    Sigh, people are dumb. When I was vegan (I'm vegetarian now), I got asked all the time if I ate fish. Boggles my mind. They still ask, btw, but that's because a lot of people say they're veg when they're really pesca.

My husband is a vegetarian and I am constantly asked, "He eats fish, right?' Um no he does not. "Okay, he eats chicken, right?' Um no he does not. NO he is a vegetarian.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Okay, but did you know that Guiness is not vegetarian/vegan. This I did not know until I put it in a recipe on my vegetarian cooking blog. Talk about having egg on your face (good thing it is not a vegan blog, right....cuz I had egg on my face).

You're under arrest for Veganity violation; code 827.
  • california_peach
    Options

You're under arrest for Veganity violation; code 827.

OH NO. Can I bail myself out with some vegen fried rice? Cuz I rock the vegan friend rice
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Have you seen Scott Pilgrim vs the World? lol
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    When I first heard about the drink thing it surprised me too, especially the vodka being passed through bone charcoal... and what's up with the seashells?
    Is your booze vegan?

It might seem weird at first, but your favourite drink might have more than just alcohol in it.

Brewmasters, winemakers, and distillers may include animal ingredients in their products directly, or they might use them in the processing and filtration.

When making the product, dairy, honey, and other things (including, in one case, a whole chicken dropped in the tank) are ingredients in the final recipe.

When filtering the drinks prior to bottling, companies can use things like isinglass (from fish bladder,) gelatin, egg whites, and sea shells, among other things. These products grab onto the impurities and make it easier to catch them in the filters, though there are many animal-free alternatives in use.

These ingredients don't usually show up on the label, so the only way to find out is to ask.

The Barnivore Vegan Alcohol Directory is here to help.

Our 1833 entries have been checked and often double or triple checked by the Barnivore community and are gathered here for you to enjoy, and maybe submit a check of your own.

* people always ask about the whole chicken reference. It's based on "**** ale," a 17th century recipe that breweries occasionally recreate in small batches - until someone reminds them that meat beer is pretty gross

Recent updates

Frontenac Point Vineyard and Estate Winery Varies from year to year
    Joel Gott Wines Has Some Vegan Options
    A Gust of Sun Winery Has Some Vegan Options
    Uinta Brewing Company Has Some Vegan Options
    J. Christopher Wines Vegan Friendly
    Creekside Brewing Company Vegan Friendly
    Goose Ridge Estate Vineyards & Winery Has Some Vegan Options
    Pojer e Sandri Vegan Friendly
    Jacob's Creek NOT Vegan Friendly
    Wolf Blass Winery Not Vegan Friendly

Never miss a drink!