Ways to keep a young child entertained on an airplane?

Options
2»

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Whoops, double post!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    We always take our car seat and stroller to keep them contained in the airport and on the plane. I can't imagine trying to keep them still on the plane without it! Also, lots of books, maybe a leapfrog if you have one, and a portable DVD player if you have one or could borrow one. Also, all favorite snacks and drinks. Bring an empty sippy cup. You can't bring liquid through security, but you can buy juice on the other side to fill it. Sometimes the stewards are slow getting drinks out and its hard to wait. Favorite toys, blanket, etc. Whatever the baby needs to sleep. Our pediatrician recommended some benadryl also b/c both our kids have severe allergies and ear issues, so that helps cut down on the pressure in the ears (but check with your doctor on that). I was amazed last time we flew with our 2 year old, she slept the whole way in the plane (without the benadryl - haha!). It was just like being in the car for her b/c she had her blankie, her favorite toys and her own carseat. It was like a big adventure for her. :)

He's actually sitting on our lap the whole way, but I like he idea of he carseat so she's restrained hehe! Would make things MUCH easier! =)

If your son is under 2 years of age, he will not have to pay for a ticket. But he will have to be on your or your husband’s lap all the time that you are flying. If you decide to use the car seat in the plane, then you will be charged for the plane seat that he will need.

I suggest that you consult with the airline company before making a decision
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    After sleeping 12 hours straight Jeremy someone work up SUPER cranky.... He went into the kitchen & was suddenly quiet for a LOOOOOOOONG time!... Out of curiously I went to check what made him to happy & preoccupied... He found our bag of candy for the airplane & was sucking on the suckers & taffy LOL. I guess I found a way to keep him quiet on the airplane! LOL
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    toys toys snacks and almost all planes have computers on the back of the seats with kids movies and tv shows on them so that will keep hi preocupyed

I fly all the time, and only rarely do I ever see computers on the backs of the seats especially with non-international flights.

i fly all the time and have never in the last 5 years seen one without a movie player bilt into the seats lol even on hour long flights