Insipration | Self Esteem

Options
iTim__
iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
Inspiration | Self Esteem

Sometimes simple words -- from a friend or stranger -- can get us back on track and adjust our thinking about ourselves. Let's be honest, we all feel down from time to time. Here are some quotes, which one touches you the most? And has someone ever said something to you that lifted your spirits? If so, please share.

John Milton: Nothing profits more than self-esteem, grounded on what is just and right.

Sam Walton: Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish.

Zig Ziglar: Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.

Baltasar Gracian: Respect yourself if you would have others respect you.

Helen Keller: Self pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in the world.

Harry Emerson Fos****: Self-pity gets you nowhere. One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world making the most of one's best.

Abraham Heschel: Self-respect is the fruit of discipline: the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.

Joe Clark: Self-respect permeates every aspect of your life.

Les Brown: Someone's opinion of you does not have to become your reality.

Richard Bach: Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.

Samuel Johnson: That kind of life is most happy which affords us most opportunities of gaining our own esteem.

Johann Friedrich Von Schiller: The average estimate themselves by what they do, the above average by what they are.

Brian Tracy: The foundation of lasting self-confidence and self esteem is excellence, mastery of your work.

Charles Schwab: The man who trims himself to suit everybody will soon whittle himself away.

James Allen: The will to do springs from the knowledge that we can do.

Hindu Proverb: There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.

Aldous Huxley: There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.

Denis Waitley: To establish true self-esteem we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.

Malcolm S. Forbes: Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe: Trust yourself, then you will know how to live.

Jean De La Bruyere: A person's worth in this world is estimated according to the value they put on themselves.

Eric Hoffer: Every new adjustment is a crisis in self-esteem.

Norman Vincent Peale: First thing every morning before you arise say out loud, "I believe," three times.

A. C. Benson: I am sure it is one's duty as a teacher to try to show boys that no opinions, no tastes, no emotions are worth much unless they are one's own. I suffered acutely as a boy from the lack of being shown this.

Unknown Author: If you put a small value on yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.

Albert Einstein: Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized.

Maxwell Maltz: Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.

Anthony Trollope: Never think that you're not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. People will take you very much at your own reckoning.

Eleanor Roosevelt.: No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

Thomas Carlyle: Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment.

Replies

• iTim__
    Options
    Inspiration | Self Esteem

Sometimes simple words -- from a friend or stranger -- can get us back on track and adjust our thinking about ourselves. Let's be honest, we all feel down from time to time. Here are some quotes, which one touches you the most? And has someone ever said something to you that lifted your spirits? If so, please share.

John Milton: Nothing profits more than self-esteem, grounded on what is just and right.

Sam Walton: Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish.

Zig Ziglar: Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.

Baltasar Gracian: Respect yourself if you would have others respect you.

Helen Keller: Self pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in the world.

Harry Emerson Fos****: Self-pity gets you nowhere. One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world making the most of one's best.

Abraham Heschel: Self-respect is the fruit of discipline: the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.

Joe Clark: Self-respect permeates every aspect of your life.

Les Brown: Someone's opinion of you does not have to become your reality.

Richard Bach: Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.

Samuel Johnson: That kind of life is most happy which affords us most opportunities of gaining our own esteem.

Johann Friedrich Von Schiller: The average estimate themselves by what they do, the above average by what they are.

Brian Tracy: The foundation of lasting self-confidence and self esteem is excellence, mastery of your work.

Charles Schwab: The man who trims himself to suit everybody will soon whittle himself away.

James Allen: The will to do springs from the knowledge that we can do.

Hindu Proverb: There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.

Aldous Huxley: There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.

Denis Waitley: To establish true self-esteem we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.

Malcolm S. Forbes: Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe: Trust yourself, then you will know how to live.

Jean De La Bruyere: A person's worth in this world is estimated according to the value they put on themselves.

Eric Hoffer: Every new adjustment is a crisis in self-esteem.

Norman Vincent Peale: First thing every morning before you arise say out loud, "I believe," three times.

A. C. Benson: I am sure it is one's duty as a teacher to try to show boys that no opinions, no tastes, no emotions are worth much unless they are one's own. I suffered acutely as a boy from the lack of being shown this.

Unknown Author: If you put a small value on yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.

Albert Einstein: Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized.

Maxwell Maltz: Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.

Anthony Trollope: Never think that you're not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. People will take you very much at your own reckoning.

Eleanor Roosevelt.: No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

Thomas Carlyle: Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment.
  • iTim__
    Options
    By the way... sorry about the misspelling in the topic! lol I hope everyone could figure out what the topic was anyway.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quotes. Some of the time in a week moment remembering one of these might help!!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

I like this one best. My boss needs to see it...
  • iTim__
    Options
    Thanks for the quotes. Some of the time in a week moment remembering one of these might help!!

You're welcome. That's what we're here for after all is to inspire one another and be supportive. :happy: I'm just trying to do my part.
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    I liked them all:happy: I am going t choose one for now and add another two.:wink:

Each year, one vicious habit rooted out in time ought to, make the worst man good. Benjamin Franklin

Great souls have wills; feeble ones have wishes. Chinese proverb
  • GAB2008
    GAB2008 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

My Favorite!!!!!!! : )
  • iTim__
    Options
    That is a good one Gab.