Finished Insanity - help with making my own hybrid?

Options
I completed Insanity recently, and I'm looking to make a Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme hybrid to get started on. I would use the one given in the booklet, BUT- I'm also doing power-lifting for my high school starting next month. The practices will be on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays and will be before or after school for about an hour. I don't want to overwork my muscles or start a routine and realize I can't keep up with it.. so how should I work this into the hybrid?

I don't like the resistance band tubes used in some of the Turbo Fire workouts; Core 20, Sculpt 30, Tone 30, and Upper 20... but I have 25 lb adjustable dumbbells that I'd like to use to tone up, instead. Is it alright if I use a hybrid without those videos that is just powerlifting 4x per week, Chalean 1x, Turbo Fire 2x per week and a rest day? Or how should I go about this to get the best results?

The other issue I have is that I will be on vacation for 2 weeks during December and won't be able to do any of the workouts.): When this happens, should I restart the previous week once I return.. or just hop back to where I left off? And will this affect my results drastically?

Replies

• rucks20
    rucks20 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I completed Insanity recently, and I'm looking to make a Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme hybrid to get started on. I would use the one given in the booklet, BUT- I'm also doing power-lifting for my high school starting next month. The practices will be on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays and will be before or after school for about an hour. I don't want to overwork my muscles or start a routine and realize I can't keep up with it.. so how should I work this into the hybrid?

I don't like the resistance band tubes used in some of the Turbo Fire workouts; Core 20, Sculpt 30, Tone 30, and Upper 20... but I have 25 lb adjustable dumbbells that I'd like to use to tone up, instead. Is it alright if I use a hybrid without those videos that is just powerlifting 4x per week, Chalean 1x, Turbo Fire 2x per week and a rest day? Or how should I go about this to get the best results?

The other issue I have is that I will be on vacation for 2 weeks during December and won't be able to do any of the workouts.): When this happens, should I restart the previous week once I return.. or just hop back to where I left off? And will this affect my results drastically?

If you are power lifting 4x a week, I would not recommend doing any lifting on your other 2/3 days. I would stick to just cardio and a recovery day. Your muscles need days off of lifting to recover properly. I'm doing P90X/Insanity Hybrid and loving it!! Good luck to you!!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Options

If you are power lifting 4x a week, I would not recommend doing any lifting on your other 2/3 days. I would stick to just cardio and a recovery day. Your muscles need days off of lifting to recover properly. I'm doing P90X/Insanity Hybrid and loving it!! Good luck to you!!

Ahh, that's what I was afraid of.. thanks for your input!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Ahh, that's what I was afraid of.. thanks for your input!

Rucks is 100% correct. One of my fitness mentors wrote a note on facebook about his fitness ratio.... 40% Work outs, 30% Nutrition and 30% Recovery. (He is a few of the Insanity: The Asylum work outs).