up late?

Options
gracemtn
gracemtn Posts: 33 Member
I dislocated my knee yesterday and now resting. I am soooo bored. Stuck on the couch doesn't make you really tired for bed. How is your night?

Replies

• KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    On Saturday i went for a jog and hurt my hips... Got depressed and completely ruined my diet...right now I am watching tv and thinking how to repair the damage,
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    I am at work for another 5 hours so i am certainly up late. message me if you want. Sorry about the knee ouch
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Just tuned, lubed my bike and I am ready for tomorrow. Sorry about your knee. That has to suck.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    at work here, time is going by slowly and I have 7 hours to go... yippee
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    Oh man, that does not sound fun! I had reconstructive foot surgery 2.5 years ago after a bad car wreck (3 screws in right foot now)... I couldn't walk for about 5 months or so and was back at home with my parents. I had cabin fever like no other.

Being injured sucks lol.
  • gracemtn
    Options
    I understand the whole ruining your diet...there *was* ice cream in the house.
  • gracemtn
    Options
    eeek. What do you do that has you working right now?
  • gracemtn
    Options
    road, cruiser, or mountain?
  • gracemtn
    Options
    I am such an old lady I can't imagine working nights anymore.
  • gracemtn
    Options
    Fortunately unfortunate I have hyper mobility. Great for yoga. Horrible when you want your joint to function properly. This is the 4th time I have down this to my knee. They push for surgery but I opt for physical therapy each time. My brother has had 2 surgeries for the same condition (except the shoulder) and has little success and he is just 23.
  • KettyLan
    Options

I know, with so much time and unable to move around what else is there to do, but to go to that ice-cream....in my case was the ice-cream and a couple of beers
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    corrections officer in a federal prison. and nights is where I want to be. less headaches working overnights.
  • gracemtn
    Options

I know, with so much time and unable to move around what else is there to do, but to go to that ice-cream....in my case was the ice-cream and a couple of beers

I am trying so hard not boredom eat hence the random topic and desperately looking for convo.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Pretty good. Ate dinner with the fam, went to a friends house from work..drank a bit , talked about renovating the restaurant, new menu items etc.

Then watched Blues Brothers. One of my favorite movies of all time.
  • gracemtn
    Options
    corrections officer in a federal prison. and nights is where I want to be. less headaches working overnights.

Well that makes sense. I can imagine if I was in that position I would want the least amount of trouble.
  • gracemtn
    Options
    Pretty good. Ate dinner with the fam, went to a friends house from work..drank a bit , talked about renovating the restaurant, new menu items etc.

Then watched Blues Brothers. One of my favorite movies of all time.

how about one of the best movies of all time?

"on a mission from gawd"
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    road, cruiser, or mountain?
    road bike. I have been on vacation for a week. I brought my bike and rode it in the rain on a sandy road. Tore it up1 so I had to clean and lube it and make sure everything was tight so I can ride tomorrow.

Now I am sitting here waiting to get tired enough to fall asleep. Maybe I will catch up on Breaking bad. I missed last week and have to watch it before this weeks season ender.
  • nici94
    nici94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck at work too. Only 10 and a half hours left. Wish I didn't have to be here and could be home in bed but bills have to get paid.
    I'm a private nurse so I don't even have a fun job. Have to sit on a couch all night and watch someone sleep. It gets really old some nights just trying to stay awake.
  • KettyLan
    Options

Tough job! Hope this night passes by fast for you...
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Fortunately unfortunate I have hyper mobility. Great for yoga. Horrible when you want your joint to function properly. This is the 4th time I have down this to my knee. They push for surgery but I opt for physical therapy each time. My brother has had 2 surgeries for the same condition (except the shoulder) and has little success and he is just 23.

I will likely have to eventually have knee surgery as well. Subluxing patellas here, so I can kinda relate, though I'm typically out for 2-3 months at a time if I have a bad dislocation. Last time they swore I had torn my patellar tendon, but luckily it was just a bad subluxation. The worst is that when they swell, it's with blood not fluid, so it takes extra time for the swelling to go down :sad: