Weeknight dinners?

Options
MollysMom2005
MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
I'm heading to the grocery this afternoon and am wanting to try at least one new recipe this week for dinner. I use alot of ground turkey in my cooking, as well as chicken. We also usually have some type of fish once a week. But seriously, there are only so many turkey burgers, turkey spaghetti, grilled chicken, and oven-baked tillapia one can stomach! I love veggies and could live without meat, but I have to really doctor up the veggies to get the hubby to eat them.

Any ideas on a nutritional dinner that won't take all day to prepare?

Replies

• MollysMom2005
    Options
    I'm heading to the grocery this afternoon and am wanting to try at least one new recipe this week for dinner. I use alot of ground turkey in my cooking, as well as chicken. We also usually have some type of fish once a week. But seriously, there are only so many turkey burgers, turkey spaghetti, grilled chicken, and oven-baked tillapia one can stomach! I love veggies and could live without meat, but I have to really doctor up the veggies to get the hubby to eat them.

Any ideas on a nutritional dinner that won't take all day to prepare?
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Homemade pizza with tortillas for crust and low fat cheeses.

That great taco salad recipe that SoupNazi put up. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/35736-taco-salad-made-over

Experiment with asian cusine! I made some GREAT orange chicken (not breaded, and grilled instead of fried) the other night and had a whole bunch for only 250 cals plus veggies!
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    tacos using ground turkey ... my fave!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Chicken parmesan! (the "light" version)

grill the chicken without breading it, then top it with your favorite tomato sauce and lowfat mozzarella - serve with 'Smart Choice' or wheat pasta.... Yum!

What about a stir-fry type meal? (with brown rice)

are you against using other meat?? There's plenty more you can make with pork loin or lean cuts of beef.- why limit yourself to ground turkey, fish and chicken?
  • MollysMom2005
    Options
    Since my husband has a slightly higher than normal cholesterol level and a heart-related birth defect, we try to avoid pork and eat very little beef. But we do eat beef in moderation. He is a meat and potatoes fella, and going without the food you have always loved can be misery!

Thanks to everyone for the great recipe ideas! I will definitely be trying them out.

Here's to a healthy week!