what absolutely drives you up the wall?

Options

Replies

• twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Also when I was pregnant I hated random stranger people just walking up and touching my belly!!

Haha - that drove me NUTS! And I was carrying twins, so EVERYONE wanted to rub my belly. Then when I had them, they couldn't keep their paws off my kids! WTH? Big peeve of mine, too!

Biggest thing for me is immaturity. Cannot deal with it. That, and stupidity. Stupid really should hurt!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Idiots who can't park right in a parking space and take up 2.

People who leave shopping carts in parking spaces or leave them where the block cars from moving.

Tailgaters on 2 lane roads.

People who don't put their weights away in the gym.

Fast driving mothers/fathers who drop their kids off at the front of the school.

People who are conservative that don't listen to reason that BIG money politicians DON'T have their best at heart.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    1. Whiners. Life is not fair, and for most people, not a walk in the park either. Get over it. Suck it up. Deal with it. Stop whining and do something constructive and positive with your life.
    2. Idiots who wait for parking spots whilst blocking the entire lane.
    3. People who are glued to their phone while driving. Seriously folks, your text is not more important than operating your large metal vehicle at high velocities.
    4. People who tailgate me when there is 6 lanes of traffic all going 10 mph and crammed with cars. Where the hell do you think you're going to go, stupid? I am one of those people who slows down whenever someone starts riding my bumper just to piss them off some more.
    5. Rudeness. Is it really so hard to hold a door for someone behind you? Is it really so bad to be courteous and not cut in line? Is it really so hard to treat other people with some dignity?
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    He came home and asked if he is "mixed." i tell him, Yes, you are a mix of your mom and dad!

LOL i used to say that too. i remember being in like 2nd grade and someone asking me what i was mixed with, and i said 'i'm mixed with my mom and my dad'....people focus too much on race as it is...why ask a 2nd grader that? lol
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I work in a cubicle and when I talk to the guy in the cubicle next to me, this other dude who sits a couple cubes away ALWAYS butts in and totally takes over the conversation. THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! I seriously want to punch him in the face. :grumble: :explode:
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I work in a cubicle and when I talk to the guy in the cubicle next to me, this other dude who sits a couple cubes away ALWAYS butts in and totally takes over the conversation. THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! I seriously want to punch him in the face. :grumble: :explode:

UGHHHH i have a manager who does this. she will be in her office wayyy across the room while me and a coworker are having a discussion in low tones, and she'll shout from the office completely butting into our conversation..
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    People who chew with their mouth open.
    People hating on thinner people.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Also, people who don't go and remove their laundry from the washer when it's done (in a communal laundry room like at apartment buildings). Sorry but if I wait for 5 minutes and you're still not there, your **** is going in the sink.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    ]
    [
    and finally, the thing that made me start this thread...i hate HATE HATE when people touch my hair! and ALL of them do it without even asking me! ***king stop it! ..like i literally cringed just now when she grabbed a handful of my hair. STOP. home training people. get some.

YESS!!!!!! AAggghhH!!!!!

:
    For some reason, I don't mind people touching my hair, unless the rub the top in the wrong direction. Then it's like, DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK TO DO THAT??? lol, I'm cutting it soon anyway.

noooo don't cut it!
    [/quote]

OOOOOoooo so that is how you get the previous reply to show up:) Figures I'd get the longest one I can find. Sorry. Anwyay, I've got to get rid of it. Too time consuming, plus my friends are holding me to what I said before. Once I get some abs, I'm cutting it, lol. So they said it's close to that time. November probably.
    [/quote]

Please don't cut it. You're friends must be insane!
  • agwilker
    agwilker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Licking your finger to turn every single page in something. I'm confident the page would still turn without the saliva.
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    Chewing noises especially someone standing behind me chewing. People who chew ice! I want to slap it out of their mouth.
    (btw, this comes from my dad. We werent allowed to making chewing noises or chew gum) Gum snappers, first off, how the heck
    do you do it? second, please stop. People in my bubble. It's my bubble, get out. Honestly when you are at the grocery store, I dont
    need you to be that far up my butt in line.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My main pet peeve is someone that lies and expects you to lie for them..without consulting first..and they look at you for back up..and your standing there going "wth"???
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Oh, this teeters also, Personal space... whether in public, in lines, or people that come up and talk to me...seems they want to sneak a kiss or something..this goes for guys and gals...geez people..do you need glasses...back the heck up!! I'm sure that's why there are bumper to bumper drivers when there's no traffic...
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    mouth breathers.
    people who moan and groan with every move they take (who more often that not are mouth breathers too)
    when old people lick their lips before every word.

living in the south, people who take 5 minutes to say a three word sentence.

This made me laugh but I have to say I agree. My ex-sister in law was a mouth breather and she'd make this very low moaning sound while chewing food... weirdest, most creepy frickin' thing! I thought I was going nuts because nobody else could hear it but I was the one sitting next to her. Turns out that was just the tip of the iceberg in terms of her oddball behaviors.... :huh:
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I hate hearing people chew when their mouth is closed.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    When people leave the refrigerator door open while they're doing something else because they'll "be right back". Like the door is so heavy that it must be left open for the sake of convenience. If your hands will be full...fine, I can see that. But pouring yourself a glass of milk. Really?!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    A person that chews their gum and constantly pops or clicks it. Disgusting... I had this lady sit next to me at an auction once and all I could hear was her gum smacking. So I decided that everytime I heard her gum pop I would cough. LOL Finally she moved

Did I mention I have a mean streak? lol
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    People that randomly stick their tongue out when they're talking. Its kinda pervy. Its just gross, especially when you see that it has crust on it...that tongue goop that is bad breath.

The women that angle their shopping carts just so in the aisle. You can't get around no matter what you do and when you say, "Excuse me?", they roll their necks etc.

Do NOT effing ask me for a discount. I won't give you one. Why? Because you asked for one.

When people ask me and my son what we are. I'm straight up beaner (Mexican) and my son is biracial White/Mexican. We're not Asian, Native American, Iranian, or Italian. Nothing so exotic and cool, just straight up Mexican and my son is Okie Frijoles. I answer like that too. I'm a terrible woman.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    People who don't know the difference between your and you're.
  • leannmanderson
    Options
    * People chewing with their mouths open
    * People reading over my shoulder (especially my husband, who hovers when I'm writing)
    * Being tickled
    * Being poked
    * Anything near my neck
    * Teachers not being recognized as professionals
    * The No Child Left Behind Act (Seriously, this is the WORST piece of educational legislation EVER)
    * Students who don't take school seriously
    * Parents who undermine my authority as a teacher by asking their child "Is this true?" after I've just told them that their child is constantly talking in class/was texting in class/was listening to their iPod in class/some other violation of school/class policy
    * The fact that administrators get paid 6-figure salaries for their service on the school board AND get a 4-figure gas allowance in addition to their usual pay from their regular jobs, all while telling teachers we have to pay for supplies out of pocket, not get reimbursed, and that they're going to cut funding to our program AGAIN because there's not enough room in the budget to buy the new books we need, but plenty for them to vote themselves another pay-raise