Just getting started

Options
Hello , my name is Kathy and I am new to this site, my daughter suggested I ry it, i've tried everything else. I have comitted my self to do this once and for all, my daughters wedding in september is just an added incentive.
Monday is the day , wish me luck and good luck to all, who also have to overcome the weight issue.

:smile:

Replies

• kathyshark
    Options
    Hello , my name is Kathy and I am new to this site, my daughter suggested I ry it, i've tried everything else. I have comitted my self to do this once and for all, my daughters wedding in september is just an added incentive.
    Monday is the day , wish me luck and good luck to all, who also have to overcome the weight issue.

:smile:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the site. Your daughters wedding is excellent motivation. Just think how nice you will look as mother of the bride.

I have found this site to be very helpful, easy to use, and the folks on the message board are extremely helpful. There are many on this site that have been in this far longer than I, and I have always gotten great advice.

Log your food, drink your water, and post often, especially if you need help or have questions.

I look forward to hearing from you again.. Good luck.. jb
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kathy!

Through this website, I have been able to lose weight and keep it off. Although I still have 17lbs to go, I don't feel like I am on a strict diet. I have learned a great deal about portioncontrol and how much calories, carbs, fat, and protein is in different foods. Now I think twice before ordering french fries!

I hope you find this website as helpful as so many of us have and good luck!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    welcome! i love your shirt :laugh:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!
  • daisy0107
    Options
    Welcome:smooched: Good luck on your journey!!!
  • kathyshark
    Options
    Here it is 2010 and just getting started again, I did lose some weight for my daughters wedding , but of course after the wedding was the holidays and more excuses and I regained some it back. But I am going to commit myself to this site and to log in everyday and make my self accountable , no more excuses.
    Im so excited to see so many people have so much to share and this is a great place to do it.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    welcome back!!! Ive lost 20lbs using this site and kept it off. Its a great tool. LOL :) You can do it mom you just have to push yourself.