mummy needing to shift some lbs

Options
Hi, I'm just starting to try and lose some weight. I am a mother to two very young children and i need to loose 40lb.

Replies

• NiennaMarie
    Options
    I'm a mummy to 2 young children too :) Looking to lose about the same amount. I'll send you an add.x
  • krystalrose07
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great site. I to have two little ones and am trying to lose 60lbs. I've already lost 6lbs this month since starting MFP. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are where I was :) Good luck in your journey! This site is great for motivation and encouagement :)
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck your in the right place x
  • jacquelad
    Options
    Hi I am also a Mum trying to loose weight. I know how hard it is trying to fit exercise around your new life. I have been steadily getting fitter over the past two years however I haven't lost weight I have actually gained a further two kilos. This doesn't mean I am getting fatter as I look much slimmer and have increased muscle tone, it just means that I have more muscle now. What exercise are you doing? The trick is to find something you enjoy and to stick with it, if you get bored just change it. I hate the eliptical and rowing machines at the gym so I avoid them like the plague and if I am prescribed them by my instructor I ask for an alternative. If you don't enjoy what you are doing it is going to be so difficult to motivate yourself to continue.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi,

In the exact same boat here, with 2 little ones and 40lbs to go. Feel free to add me if you want to :) Good luck and keep with it!