Need some motivation today...

Options
I've done pretty well so far, through most of July and August and early September. But then my birthday week dragged into two and we've hit Oktoberfest season, so I've spent the past couple of weeks eating more than I should. I've only gained about half a pound at most, but my weight loss has stalled a little and I haven't been as ambitious with exercising (in part because we've hit mid-semester in school and work has been nightmarish).

I'm hoping people can help keep me on track today! So far for breakfast, I had to drive through McD's (I know, I know - I haven't been home to cook or shop) and I got a parfait and nonfat, no-syrup latte. So, 270 calories, I'm doing ok. Unfortunately, my days usually START OK, then progressively get less OK throughout the day. In the last couple days I've put my foot down on late-night (after 8 pm) eating, and I'm thinking of moving that up to 6 or 7p. I also think I need to get back to eating smaller portions and knowing that they will satisfy me if I give them more than 2 minutes to hit. I just need a few days "back in the saddle" to get on the right track again. I'm literally 7 lb from my goal and about 12-15 lb from my ultimate goal. I've lost 25 lb, closer to 35 lb from my heaviest, to get here, and I'm not ready to give up yet!

Replies

• kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I know this feeling too well. It's so hard to eat frequently when you're on the go. But you got this!
  • sweat2lve
    Options
    Hi when i lack motivation i usually take a long walk out in nature to clear my head and re focus that also will help relieve the stress from class or maybe later in the day when you feel the weakest schedule you a yoga or pilates class and maybe do that 2x a week to keep a balance with your mind spirit and body .Hope this helps
  • sweetCJ
    sweetCJ Posts: 144
    Options
    So far you've been doing so great...so what if you had fun on your birthday and oktoberfest...have fun, you only have one life to live and you should enjoy it. Just get back on track. It looks like you know exactly how to dod it, plus you don't want to give up, so don't give up then.

If I can get up at 5:30 in the morning on a holiday day (and I'm one to usualy sleep till about 1 in the afternoon....) and drive 30 minutes to get to a gym, folow my program and like it, then drive back home and wait for my family to wake up to this beautifull sunny day, then I think that you can do your workout and be careful with your food and succeed with your weight lost.

Just do it...whats an hour from your day????
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I pulled through and landed 400 calories under my goal for today. Hopefully I'm back on track!