exercise during pregnancy...

Options
anyone know whats safe?

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    My doctor said as long as nothing's wrong (preeclampsia, etc.) you can CONTINUE doing anything you were doing BEFORE. But do NOT start anything NEW.
  • abitzan
    abitzan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you were doing it before being pregnant you can do it now. there is an emphasis on streching more after excersize. Also, you should stop if there is discomfort or spotting. Otherwise you are goot to go as long as you stay hydrated.

How far along are you? I am about 4 months.
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Everyone will tell you walking or swimming.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    But anything that has to do with the safety of your baby is worth a call to your doctor. They can answer that over the phone, no charge.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Always consult your doctor, but usually (with low risk pregnancies) the rule of thumb is "if you were doing it before pregnnacy you can continue as long as it doesn't cause pain or discomfort"...(My doc said I could continue P90X till baby or my body say I can't) That being said, any routine thyat involves laying flat on your back is usually not ok after the first trimester (so alot of the ab routines). Walking is always a good option, even if you haven't been exercising much b/f pregnancy....I'd keep it lower impact esp. if you weren't hard core b/f preggo...but again ALWAYS ASK YOUR DOCTOR, b/c no one on here can really give you solid advice without knowing your health history, etc.
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    ThinspiredButterfly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    thanx everyone. much appreciated :] and im 6 weeks preggers :]]]]