boosting metabolism

what foods, or food habits should i eat to help with metabolism? i used to wake up in the morning and not be hungry, now i wake up starving. is that a sign that i'm speeding it up? suggestions, advice gladly taken! :) thanks

Replies

• caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Bump
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Green tea! Green tea speeds up the metabolism like you wouldn't believe! :)
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    bump
  • niclan724
    niclan724 Posts: 49 Member
    Make sure you always eat breakfast. Skipping breakfast is reason alone for it to slow down... Frequent, small meals througout the day. they say you shouldn't go more than 3 hrs between meals.

All of that mixed with exercise should keep your metabolism burning!!
  • My metabolism has been excellent lately. I'm a great eater all week, but weekends I'm not (haha, im bad!) But come Monday morning, I have either stayed at the same weight as Friday or only gained 1/2 lb. I contribute it to small meals during the day. I try to eat every 2 hours. I eat when I'm hungry.
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Okay food doesn't really speed up your metabolism, that is merely a laxative effect...green tea, spices etc.

Exercise and genetics on the other hand can increase your metabolism.
  • PBJunkie
    Make sure you always eat breakfast. Skipping breakfast is reason alone for it to slow down... Frequent, small meals througout the day. they say you shouldn't go more than 3 hrs between meals.

All of that mixed with exercise should keep your metabolism burning!!

Intermittent fasting(www.leangains.com) has busted that 6 meals a day theory...it has no effect on your metabolism whatsoever.
  • Ruby11222
    Ruby11222 Posts: 114
    Drinking enough water speeds up your metabolism, a few litres a day. Spicy food apparently does also.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    My nutritionist says you are supposed to wake up hungry so that is a great sign you are doing something right! Specific foods don't do anything to boost metabolism. It's more about actually eating breakfast. You should not skip breakfast.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    liftin weights.
    High intensity inverval workouts
    eating smaller meals thoughout the day.
    drinking/ eating lots of HOT/WARM things
    DRINK LOTS OF WATER
    exercise
    get enough sleep
    grapefruit
    staying active
    etc.
    :D

I eat 2300 caloroes a day and I still lose because my metabolism is FASTTT
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    If you are vvorking out your body is going to start to call out for things it needs. this site may help.
    http://www.metabolism-boosting-foods.com/
    Best of luck.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    B vitamins are supposed to boost it, but I have no clue... I also hear green tea and other things with antioxidants boost your metabolism and your immune system. Personally, if I needed a boost to my metabolism, I'd just go hit the gym.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Skip breakfast!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    One day a week eat above maintenance with lots of carbs.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Here is an interesting slideshow From WebMD. It suggests that eating more freuently does help your metabolism stay active. It may not speed it up, but it helps keep from slowing down.
    Also, exercise and a few other things are talked about

http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-boost-your-metabolism
  • Barbaramax
    Barbaramax Posts: 59 Member
    bump
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    How do we know if our metabolism is Low or High? I think mine is always low because its hard to lose weight.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member

Intermittent fasting(www.leangains.com) has busted that 6 meals a day theory...it has no effect on your metabolism whatsoever.

^ This.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member

^ This.

website does'nt exist, looked at it
  • PBJunkie

^ This.

website does'nt exist, looked at it

Had no problems with the website, copy and paste this to your browser http://www.leangains.com/