New beginning

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Jill and this is my 1st real day on here. I signed up late last night. My sister is already a member and has encouraged me to join. I would love to tell you a little about myself so that some of you might be able to give me some guidance. I had a stomach staple in 2003 (wish I had never had it). I got myself on track and actually went underweight and had to fight every pound back to a healthy weight. I was in a bad accident in 2007 and became almost anorexic. I couldn't keep anything down and again I fought to get back to a healthy weight. During the summer of 2010 I started seeing a new doctor for abdominal pain and he put me on Cymbalta and Lyrica. I have gained 80lbs over what I should be. You would think once I stopped taking them I would lose the weight. Yeah, you would think! :) Not happening. So basically it boils down to this.....I cannot eat a lot. I need to consume my calories in a LOT smaller portions and I need to exercise in a way that won't kill me. My right hip was rebuilt, muscle not bone, and my abdomen was "gutted" so I have to take it easy there. You would think walking but the extra weight makes that dangerous if I am not on a treadmill. Any fall could really do serious damage and I am not the most stable on me feet. Okay, say it! I am a mess!! LOL Any advice would be great. I am making a new start and need all the help I can get! Thanks to all who reply!!

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have had some tough times. Well done you on joining here and looking for support. I really hope you get to where you want to be. This place is full of positive vibes and lovely people your in the right place. Remember even the smallest of changes can make a huge difference good luck on your way xxx
  • jillb1973
    Options
    Thanks! I have needed the motivation and I am just sitting here being a lump and reading the posts and realizing that I am smiling for the first time in a long time. I think I have really found the place for me. I am going to have to do or say something really nice for my sister for strong arming me into checking this site out. She is a big fan so I am glad she pushed it.