HELP!!! I NEED HELP PLEASE TELL WHAT I NEED TO EAT AND DO TO

Options
Gave up fried food and sodas I also eat mostly chicken and turkey no pork or beef meat in 3 months I lost 1 pound. I was walking 4 times a week and still nothing came off. Someone help me please

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Are you logging in everything? Are you weighing your food? It's great to eat more healthy foods, but it won't do you any good if you are eating too much of it.
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    there is nothing in your diary so I can't offer any suggestions.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    can you be more specific about what and how much you're eating? are you weighing yourself at the same time each day?
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say what you need to do without being able to see what exactly you are eating. Log your food and measure it out. You could be eating more than you realize??
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary. You aren't logging anything. It's hard to lose weight when you have no idea how many calories you are eating or burning.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Log your food. I guarantee that you think you're doing fine, but you're really not.

I never gave much thought to calorie counting and portion sizes. I just figured if you ate healthy foods that was enough.

Boy was I ever wrong.

Now I'm eating healthy foods in the proper sizes, getting regular exercise, and drinking plenty of water.

What a difference!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You aren't keeping a diary. There's no way to know how many calories you are eating if you don't log your food. That's the whole point of MFP.

Measure your food and keep track of it. It's very easy to eat too much when you aren't paying attention. You can gain weight eating healthy food.
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Start doing the site properly your diary is empty.....
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food here? If not, you need to start. Log EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth. You may be surprised to see that you are way overeating, undereating or simply consuming a lot of higher calorie, higher sodium foods. Too much processed food can make you retain water and will make the scale not move. And while walking is great exercise, make sure you are pushing yourself hard enough that you're getting your heart rate up.
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary. You aren't logging anything. It's hard to lose weight when you have no idea how many calories you are eating or burning.

TRUE!!!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Good job on changing your diet. What do you drink instead of soda? Fruit juices and juice drinks can have as much if not more sugar in them than soda. Try to drink more water and make sure you're measuring everything.
  • kellybug123
    Options
    Are you logging in everything? Are you weighing your food? It's great to eat more healthy foods, but it won't do you any good if you are eating too much of it.

I agree with this post. Also, it's great that you're walking four times a week, but what are you doing the other three days? Had a doctor tell a friend they had to get out and get moving 6-7 days a week. Plus if you can hold a conversation while you walk, you're going too slow. Hope this helps :)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    It's not so much WHAT you eat, but how much of it. You could eat nothing but apples and lettuce and get really fat if you eat too much of it.

Or you can eat chocolate, fries, etc, and lose weight if you eat the right portions.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Seriously - start logging! You'll probably be in for a bit of a surprise at how many calories you are eating. I was!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Start doing the site properly your diary is empty.....
    Exactly. If you aren't losing weight it's because you're consuming more calories than you're burning. If you don't track your food/drink intake you're shooting in the dark.
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    It doesn't look like you are logging your food, so are you potentially eating over your calories?
  • kellybug123
    Options
    Are you logging your food here? If not, you need to start. Log EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth. You may be surprised to see that you are way overeating, undereating or simply consuming a lot of higher calorie, higher sodium foods. Too much processed food can make you retain water and will make the scale not move. And while walking is great exercise, make sure you are pushing yourself hard enough that you're getting your heart rate up.

Very good advice :)
  • allenlisa
    Options
    Lean proteins, fresh fruits & veggies! Stay away from processed as much as possible. Exercise at least 30 min a day. It's very unmotivating to work so hard and not see the weight come off so kuddos to you for sticking to it! Don't forget to measure too! Sometimes weight doesn't come off but the inches do!! And yes, count your cals and portion sizes. ;)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Gave up fried food and sodas I also eat mostly chicken and turkey no pork or beef meat in 3 months I lost 1 pound. I was walking 4 times a week and still nothing came off. Someone help me please
    [/quote
    I looked at your page and you don' have anything logged in your diary. Are you estimating your daily calories and proportions? Before I joined MFP I would do this and think that I was being fairly accurate. It was eye opening when I starting to meticulously log my foods in the dairy daily!!!!! My advice would be to log everything down to that last tic tac so you can see what your calories in are versus calories going out. Only a creating that calorie deficit will allow you to start to loose.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    The first step to getting help is to help yourself. We are a support system, but the site is the resource. Why aren't you using it appropriately??? And honestly, if you're only eating commercially packaged chicken and turkey, then you are probably getting too much sodium AND if you're not logging then you are probably not measuring or even contemplating real portions.

Nothing we can do here until you do your part.