Off of insulin per my dr

Replies

• Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 192 Member
    That is AWESOME....Congratulations!!!!!
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    This is what it is all about!! I, too, was told today that I could discontinue taking my metformin pills for diabetes due to my excessive weight loss and new healthier eating habits!!
    Congrats to you!!! Feels great, doesn't it??
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    That is wonderful news!
  • denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    *tears fall*...i know how great that accomplishment is, i too have been in the same position, fortunately i was not insulin dependant. i was taking metformin, 1000mg 2xs a day, along with multiple meds for various reasons...now, besides vits, i have only one med, synthroid, which i suppose i will take for the rest of my life...once you crash your thyroid, its never the same... CONGRATULATIONS:bigsmile:
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Well, I went to the hospital last week because I was feeling weak and just not myself. Being type 2 daibetic I take my health very serious. The GP doctor told me she thought I was taking too much medication since I had lost weight (thanks MFP), eating a great diet, and was exercising regularly. So, I set an appointment to see the endocrinologist so he could assess the situation a little more in detail. He ordered blood work and today we got those results. After 5 years of trying to get off of insulin today I have reached that goal. A glorious day I have to tell you.

THIS ^^^^ is what it's all about! Congrats on a healthier you!!!!
  • lacf86
    lacf86 Posts: 16 Member
    amazing news, well done XD
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Amazing, I know you are excited....
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    That is so great! That's better than pounds lost. Congratulations to you for taking the right steps to drastically improve your health :)
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    WONDERFUL!!!!! Congratulations to you!! :bigsmile:
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    HOW WONDERFUL!!! YAY!!
  • hallzz
    hallzz Posts: 131 Member
    What an awesome NSV! Way to go!
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Way to go! You should be proud.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 252 Member
    Great job!
  • Kscardino26
    Kscardino26 Posts: 21 Member
    :happy: WOW, that is AWESOME!!! Congratulations
  • sheltielover
    sheltielover Posts: 135 Member
    Congratulations!!!! What a great feeling that must be!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Well done! That's huge! :flowerforyou:
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    That is awesome great job
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Wow that is a HUGE victory!!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Yay! How awesome! :smile: CONGRATS!
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    *tears fall*...i know how great that accomplishment is, i too have been in the same position, fortunately i was not insulin dependant. i was taking metformin, 1000mg 2xs a day, along with multiple meds for various reasons...now, besides vits, i have only one med, synthroid, which i suppose i will take for the rest of my life...once you crash your thyroid, its never the same... CONGRATULATIONS:bigsmile:

Me too! I can't wait until I can throw my metformin out the window! :happy:

Congrat's on your accomplishment! Keep rockin' it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!