So who else is in better shape than they were in high school

Options
I'm only a few pounds away from my weight in high school, but I'm much more fit and am a few sizes smaller in dress size. I wasn't exactly a bump on the log in high school either! I was on the Pom-pon squad and I walked *everywhere* so I wasn't out of shape. But now, I'm much slimmer. The only thing is that my tummy was much flatter in high school and I have more cellulite now. Everything else is tighter and slimmer.

I thought I heard where the older you got, the less in shape you looked at the same weight you were when you were younger.

Anyone else in the best shape of their life? I'm 27, btw. Not exactly "older" but not a spring chicken either!:blushing:

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I was an absolute inactive BLOB in high school.
    Hell yeah, I'm in better shape now than I was then!
  • violon
    violon Posts: 74 Member
    Options

ditto! such a great feeling :)
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm a little less than high school but this time I'm actually working out and eating....def in better shape. Main difference though is from having a baby, my hips are wider than they were in high school...
  • kraussr
    kraussr Posts: 12
    Options
    getting there, today i had the best workout of my life since high school football
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! There is hope for us, I'm 47 and am in the best shape of my life AND I had a baby at 45!
    I also was no slouch in HS either, I ran track and swam so I was thin and in shape (or so I thought).
    I credit Beachbody workouts to my success.

Diana
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely fitter than I was in high school. This weekend I finally hit 51 lbs off my body frame. :drinker: I am at my high school weight except back in high school I was a size 13/14 & 15/16. :huh: This time I can fit in size 9/10 :noway:
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    OH I dont even compare to what I was in HS!! I am about the same weight ....but I was an inactive teenager, never played a sport.....just hung out with friends and giggled!! IF i could do ONE thing over again, i would go back to then and play sports (RUNNING) and been more athletic, My parents never had me in anything softball, dance, gymnastics....nothing!
    because now at "almost" age 40, I now know that I can do it, back then I never even tried!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'm going to compare to both high school/college.

It depends on how you want to define it. I was a sprinter/hurdler back in those days, I was in great shape, fast & lean.

But now I run long distance to stay in shape. My 5K times are just as fast if not faster than back then, and I can go much farther at faster paces than back then, but I'm sure my flat out sprint speed has declined. Body weight & fat % are very similar. My diet is FAR healthier now.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    In highschool I was not fit, I swam but really I was chubby, and couldn't run, and I barely did any activity.
    Now I run 3 times a week, I've done 2 5k's in the last few months, and I'm able to keep up or go faster than everyone else! Kayaking/hiking are also things I try to do semi regularly. never was like this in HS
  • kendernau
    kendernau Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Not there yet, but working on it!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    29 here, turning 30 in a few weeks. I'm in the best shape of my life, and I know it's about to get better (MUCH better) from here.

Hell, I currently weigh 5 pounds less than I did in 8th grade, and my waist is a few inches smaller than it was in 8th grade.
    Me too! An inactive, McDonalds-guzzling blob.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I definitely am. I weigh more but I couldn't do what I do now in HS. Plus in HS i smoked a lot, drank a lot and occasionally did other stuff too. Now, I don't.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Definitely in better shape than I was in HS. I weigh less now than I did as a freshman is HS.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I am definitely more muscular, but I was quite thin/athletic in HS.

I am probably much more athletic now, but I probably have a little more BF than I did at around age 16
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I weighed probably 12 pds or so lighter (my goal weight as long as I can keep my muscle otherwise Id take the weight IM at now with less inches:) and worked out some but not like I do now. I wore about 2 sizes smaller. I definitely am in better overall shape now though and my goal is to get in better shape every yr. I couldnt run 1 mile to save my life back then probably and I smoked, several things regularly, and partied it UP! My poor lungs and heart and liver... all the more reason to WORK it now. BTW Im 32, run half marathons, 10 mile races, hike 3-10 miles weekly, participate in p90x program, do yoga, raise 2 children and do childcare in my home, sleep regular hours, eat WAY better than I did 10 yrs ago, WAY better! Since Im gonna age, I figure, might as well do it strong as hell and graceful as a dancer:)
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

This completely describes me as well.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm heavier than I was in HS but I have a lot more lean mass now, and I prefer it this way.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yes. I weigh about what I weighed in 9th grade (I was 40lbs more by 11th) and I have much more muscle tone.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    HELL YES!