What is attractiveness?

Options

Replies

• Lelafin
    Lelafin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    51% face 49% body
    haha seriously, it's about equal in my book. But I guess face just a TINY bit more important.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Note: plz don't make a comment about your SO's brain or
    Any other feature that isnt relevant.

thanks for giving me my first true chuckle of the day.

When u conduct a survey, the only way to eliminate the bias is to assume all other variables remain equal.
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    A spinoff from some other threads -

What importance do you attach a persons face vs body? U just have the two
    Options - on the other thread, most of the MFP ladies said you place a higher premium on the guys face. So how important is a good looking face vs a hot body?

Ie. My rating is 60% body, 40% face

Note: plz don't make a comment about your SO's brain or
    Any other feature that isnt relevant. All other things remaining equal, which is more important and by how much?

Face first, @ss second.... if a guy has an OK face and a kickin' @ss, then thats OK!

55% Face, 45% body
  • Lindsey_81
    Lindsey_81 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I would have to say 70% face and 30% body.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    100% body 0% face
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
    as usual most ppl's reading comprehension is poor, at best. Plz rate the importance of face vs. Body. If you care about the face, does that mean 100% face , 0% body?

People will respond however they see fit.

Fun fact: Not being a jerk is more important than BOTH body and face combined.
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    That's hard Lj. I would say, like you, 60% body, 40% face. I want to explain further, but I'm on my phone, & too lazy.
    Just to clarify, what I find handsome is usually not the norm, and changes, but I usually ALWAYS like the same body type.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I find bodies more important than face. The guy I'm seeing now, although adorable, has unconventional facial attractiveness. But he's slim and 6'3" so that's what got my mojo going with him when we first met. Now I just like every single thing about him, but I'm honest enough to know I have on rose-colored glasses since I'm so smitten with him. :tongue:

90% body 10% face
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I would have to say 70% face and 30% body.

Sounds about right.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
    as usual most ppl's reading comprehension is poor, at best. Plz rate the importance of face vs. Body. If you care about the face, does that mean 100% face , 0% body?

People will respond however they see fit.

Fun fact: Not being a jerk is more important than BOTH body and face combined.

YES, I was trying to think how to phrase this myself! My reading comprehension is so low. Being insulted has that effect on me.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'll forgive a not so great face for a fit body.
    I'll forgive a beer belly for a beautiful face.
    I'll overlook anything for a man who can sing.
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    hmm I would say 75% face, 25% body. eyes, lips, smile all way more important to me then body...
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I guess for me as face only matters if they are paper bag worthy or if they are a knockout. Sometimes there might be something about their facial expressions I find very attractive, like a cute smile or the way their eyes light up when we're talking but generally speaking unless they are exceptionally unattractive or hot, the face does not matter much.

However, there are a lot of different female body types that I find hot, from the thin or athletic to mure curvy or even overweight depending on how they carry it.

The thing is I can find something attractive about proably 80% of women.
  • reese1206
    reese1206 Posts: 229
    Options
    Face 70%
    Body 30%
  • flasportsfan
    flasportsfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    For me it's the eyes on the face, so I'm pretty much at 75% face and 25% body...bodies can change, but faces can't! LMAO!

^^^^This. Definitely
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    attractiveness to me:

1. symmetry/balance --eyes can't be too sunken in, offset, or too bulgy looking. (slightly crooked nose is okay)
    2. hygiene--clean/white teeth that are straight. smells good. looks well kept.
    3. style --the way someone dresses and their overall composure speaks volumes
    4. body-- not AS important but still important...maybe 30-35%
    5. intellect --i love a smart man who also admires what I bring intellectually to the relationship
    6. sense of humor/down to earth --make you feel comfortable, happy and just giddy to be around him

oh, forgot

FACE: 60% BODY: 40%
    overall physical attractiveness is only about 30-35% total, the other 60-65% is personality/other traits
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    80%face 20% body... You can change fat but ya can't change fugly!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I would say 70% body, 30% face.

I can fall in love with a guy's face later on, but if we're talking strictly primal attraction, it's the body for me.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    80%face 20% body... You can change fat but ya can't change fugly!

I disagree to a point with that.

There are plenty of people that have lost a lot of weight and their faces look 10x better thin. Sure, if you are in shape and the face is still an issue then there's not a lot you can do about that.
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    If his face is aweful and his body is adonis, I'm not interested. If his face is okay and his body is adonis, I would potentially be interested.
    Now, if his face is adonis and his body is aweful, I'm more likely to be interested (body is no biggie), if his face is adonis and his body is okay- I am even more likely to be interested.
    However, if his face is adonis and his body is adonis, I am probably not interested (unless by some miracle he is willing to prove to me that he isn't a jack azz, lmao)..