30 day shred result time

Options
So I was wondering how long it takes while doin the 30 day shred to see results? I have been doin it for 5 days now and my weight is still the same actually gained a little. I'm sticking to my calories but I'm not sure they are the healthiest. I'm still eating stuff like breads, eggs, and meats jus in moderation. Do I need to change up my eating for the 30 day shred to work??

Replies

• Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have not personally done the 30 day shred, but I have read from others to not be concerned if you gain weight in the beginning. Something to do with your muscles holding onto water and so forth.. =]
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Reading a lot about the 30 day shred on here ive noticed a lot of ppl say that for the first stage or whatever you tend to gain weight, ect. and its the second stage where you really see the weight start to fall off. Ur gna gain muscle. I suggest measurements. :o)
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Today is gonna be my day 10 of level 1. I'm gonna weight in after I work out today. So I'll get back to you. I'm trying not to get all hopefull since were doing strength training in it which might be building our muscle so lbs loss might not that huge at first.
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started to see results around level 2. I changed my diet for level 3 (no meat or dairy). I feel amazing and have so much energy. Hope you enjoy the program as much as I have.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Please don't get too caught up on seeing the results so early. They will come. You have to be patient. In the beginning of any new workout you will probably gain some weight.Your muscles are growing to adapt to the new regimine, however, remember that muscles is much leaner than fat so you should start to see your inches decrease. Another thing to remember is that you want muscle. Muscle burns a lot more calories than fat so in the long run, the added muscles will help. As far as your diet, you could try to change it up to add more protien, but I wouldn't really worry too much about it for now. Also, how many times a day do you eat? Try to eat small portions about 5 or 6 times a day to speed up your metabolism.
  • alwayzara
    alwayzara Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I saw results in muscle definition and endurance by the end of a week doing the 30 day shred. I changed my diet a lot for tho. And I attribute my weight loss to that. I eat most of my carbs from morning to mid day and by the end of my day I switch it over to protein with a lot of vegetables. I am making a lot of the biggest loser recipes in bulk and freezing them so I can easily find something to eat during the work week. Hope this helps :)
  • amkelley
    Options
    J. Michaels has a diet plan that you can get a free code with your DVD for 30 days or you can go to her site and pay for it. OR- you can eat healthy on your own. I didnt start losing weight until I was over 2 weeks into the 30 days. I have since finished my 30 days and continue to do the video almost every single day. I do a different level everyday and lose more weight doing that. You may be building muscle right now, which causes a weight gain too.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    if you start 30DS and don't see results within two days, just throw out the dvd, write jillian michaels and angry letter, and never work out again.
  • chicnsweet83
    Options
    As far as results, it varies on your weight and build of your body. I saw results after the first week of doing it. My arms were toned more. The mixture of work outs really get your muscle working.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It can take awhile to see results as many have said. But you need to stick with it. Weight gain is not really that important if you know you haven't been eating excessive calories and being lazy then it isn't fat gain.
  • LadyG33
    LadyG33 Posts: 46
    Options
    I didn't notice any weight loss completing the shred after two weeks. I think I lost 1 pound, but I did notice more definition and my endurance definitely built up. I think it really depends on your height and weight initially starting, and definitely the types of foods you are eating.