Hi

Options
I'm new to MFP, was told it's a great place to start. Quit smoking 6 weeks ago, joined the gym 6 weeks ago, my weight has been stable for the past year but not where I want the stability. I'm looking become healthier and lose some weight, but need to do it the right way and the healthy way. Hopefully some support will do me good.

Hi to all... Let the Journey Begin!

Replies

• inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    sounds like a complete overhaul :laugh:
  • chocolatefairey
    Options
    Hello and welcome, I am also new today so please feel free to add me for encouragement. Good luck :)
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    good for you for quitting smoking and getting fit at the same time. i know so many people who quit smoking, and replace it with food, and then end up gaining, and gaining...
  • 130ismygoal
    130ismygoal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • purplecrazyplums
    Options
    Thanks... and yes the quitting smoking is a reason I am doing this again. I lost a lot of weight many years ago and have stayed pretty stable... but then about 2 years ago I quit smoking and gained 20 lbs. I lost 30 lbs a while after that... and have stayed there for the past year but obviously started smoking again. So I promised myself that I would not gain weight when I quit this time. So I joined the gym that way if I overeat for the smoking then I can still be ok. That went great for the first 6 weeks, however now I want to try and lose and do a bit better. So far this week has gone pretty good.

Thanks to all of you who responded... nice to see people in the same boat.
  • Megibaby2526
    Options
    Hello, I'm also new tonight! I'm very excited about taking this journey with people who have the same goals as I do.

11913621.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AlissaB87
    Options
    Welcome!!!! :) Im a newbie too