Shape Ups

Options
beatleschic87
beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
Okay... do shape ups really work? Or any form of a calorie burning shoe? If they do I think that would be awesome to have but I don't wanna waste my money if it's bogus. Thanks! :wink:

Replies

• galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Not speaking for everyone but I have never seen where they have helped me. And they killed my feet which made me not want to wear them. THey will be hitting eBay soon...
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Seeing as they just paid out a 25 million dollar settlement for false advertising, no they don't work.
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I dont feel a difference as in working my legs, butt etc more but, I like them for walking bc they are more cushioned on the bottom,kinda springy, and I got mine on sale for 39.00. Reeboks usually always hurt my feet but I like these.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    They don't work at all but I find them very comfortable. I have the Dr. Scholl's knock-off and the Danskin knock-off. The Danskin ones I kept twisting my ankle so forget them. I also have the Reebok Easy Tones which have air pockets instead of a rocker sole. Very comfortable.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Seeing as they just paid out a 25 million dollar settlement for false advertising, no they don't work.

buahahaha...really??!!

well, i shouldnt even say that like im surprised cause i mean WHO gets a hot *kitten* like the ones on the commercials just from the sneaks?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I have heard from a lot of people that they cause more problems. Chiroprators and doctors do not recommend them.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I don't know that mine are doing much for getting me in shape, but I do like them. I think they're very comfortable after getting used to them. I wear them on my 2.5 mile walk every day. They're much more comfortable than my New Balance shoes. I absolutely can't wear them to the gym though, that kills my feet. I do like to wear them around though, but I had to start slow-just wearing them for 15 or 20 minutes at the house and working my way up. I highly doubt they're actually doing much toning, tbh, but if I concentrate on my walk and follow their directions on rolling off the heal to the toe, I can feel my muscles in my butt and back of my thigh a lot. But I have to really concentrate on walking that way...
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I had Shape Ups and ended up with a broken ankle. No - I am not clumsy.

Stay away from them!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    They just gave me awful shin splints.
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    family friend and physical therapist says all they do is cause back problems.
  • heathera1980
    Options
    I love my Skecher's Tone-Ups. They are comfortable. Whether or not they work, I don't know, I got them because they were cute and comfy! :happy:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I have them and use them. Any Super magical immediate toning?? No. These are shoes. To expect anything more than a long term exposure result is foolish. I would say they aide, but that's as far. I have noticed after long walks or wearig them all day on the weekends that my knees hurt less, and I feel the use in my legs more the next day. Is it dramatic, are they worth the money?? Only by trying them will you know. Everyone is different. And if you want to tone, you need use the muscles in your body differently than you do every day.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    i don't know about toning, but ,my mom and i both LOVE reebok's simply tones. they are the most comfortable pair of shoes i've ever owned. as another poster said, they're extra cushy and feel "springy." running tones my butt, thighs, and calves, so who knows what has made a difference, but the only things i don't like them for are sports requiring a lot of back and forth motion (tennis, basketball) and trail running. otherwise, toning or not, they're my favorite pair of shoes EVER hands down!
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    family friend and physical therapist says all they do is cause back problems.

This is funny, because I have less pain in my back during and after using them.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Studies show absolutely zero difference between these shoes and regular shoes. It's all marketing.
  • vt2200a
    vt2200a Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the benefits of the shoes are greatly exagerrated by the companies. I wish there was an easy fix but unfortunately the only thing that works is healthy eating and regular exercise.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2011/09/reebok-25-million-settlement-toning-shoes.html
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I got a pair for cheap at Ross. I walk a LOT and I do like them for walking because they're super cushioned and I don't get blisters on the bottoms of my feet like I used to. My legs and *kitten* are more toned. But that has nothing to do with my shoes. It has everything to do with all the hard work I put into exercising.
  • butterflimom
    Options
    I've had Sketchers brand shape up for a couple of years. I love to walk in them, but don't recommend them for anything else personally. I suffer from back problems from an old accident and they work great for me walking., no pains plus comfy cushioned feet. For everything else, I recommend Asics.