Free Weights

Options
Does anyone have any great (and easy) links to free weight exercises?

I want to spend the day outside (since it's 82 and sunny in New England in OCTOBER) but I really need to work my arms and shoulders.

I have 5lbs free weights I was going to bring to the park with me. Show me what you got!

Replies

• Tiffany1221
    Tiffany1221 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Plank it up! Planks are horrible and wonderful and easy to do in between reps of lunges and squats. Try mixing up your planks by doing one with your feet and arms close together and the next set with your feet and arms spread shoulderwidth apart.

You can also add to your planks by mixing in downward dogs and drop downs. For downward dog, start in a push up position (hands and toes on the ground, body firm and straight, hands shoulder width apart. Push back with your hands and stick you butt clear up into the air. Your body will be in an upside down V with your feet and toes on the ground. For drop downs, go back to your push up postions, and slowwwwwly lower yourself to the ground as slow as possible. Keep your body firm and straight, and make it your goal with have every part of your body touch the ground at once. Don't collapse and let your knees or belly go first!

These are whole body workouts, but you will really feel it in your core and arms!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks y'all!