25 MILES!

Options
lglg11
lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
So 2 Sundays ago, I did a 5k mud run in the Bronx . It was alot of fun and very exciting . It felt really good signing up and then following through with something was so out of the norm for me . Me and my 'team' of gfs finished in about 40 mins !

Yesterday there was a benefit for FARA to raise money and awareness for Friedreichs Ataxia which is a nueromuscular disease that my 23 yr old nephew was diagnosed with at age 7. He rode 5 miles on his handcycle and me and a friend rode 25 miles!!!

It was in Limerick PA which is just outside of Philly. It was such a great day and they did an amazing job organizing the ride. Carrabbas , Outback Steak house and Bonefish Grill provided the lunch afterwards and it was delicious :)))

There were sooo many hills that many of the 'real' riders that signed up for the 50 mile course , ended up switching to the 25 mile course at the halfway point. It was so tiring and very challenging but we finished in about 3 hrs.

Two things that I never really thought about doing, I did within a week of each other and I killed it ! Yea me :))

Replies

• ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    that's so great!! keep up the awesomeness!:)
  • lglg11
    Options
    thanks so much :)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    nice!
  • Lucylaser
    Lucylaser Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow thats awesome! My friend ran in that mud race too and said it was SO HARD!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Definitely YAY YOU!! That's terrific!!
    I signed up for a 1/2 marathon in April next year, and a muddy warrior dash in May -- totally out of character for me too!
  • lglg11
    Options
    Wow thats awesome! My friend ran in that mud race too and said it was SO HARD!

It was hard but a lot of fun . Adrenaline is pumping the whole time and you don't even realize what you accomplished until its over and you replay it in your head!
  • lglg11
    Options
    Definitely YAY YOU!! That's terrific!!
    I signed up for a 1/2 marathon in April next year, and a muddy warrior dash in May -- totally out of character for me too!

A 1/2 marathon ??! Good for you ! Thats one thing that scares me a little . I'm not good at long distance but that may be a future future goal . You will do awesome at the warrior dash and May is a great month to do it in . I usually run at night or early morning because I don't like to be seen (silly I know) so being out there in the open with all those people (they say 5,000 were at the mud run) was really intimidating at first . Everyone is so friendly and nice and as you go you will hear yells of encouragement from everyone. Its kinda really cool :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!