Extra Skin

EmpressPat
EmpressPat Posts: 5
edited October 3 in Success Stories
I'm worried about the extra skin that happens with a big weight loss. Surgery is not option, for me anyway.

Replies

• kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    I've read lots of posts from people who dont have the excess skin. I've ready cocoa butter, jergens skin tightening lotion and spandex have all been options I've seen posted. My goal is 120+ lbs...I too am worried about the excess skin! We can totally do it.
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    By losing the weight slowly, I haven't had a whole lot of problems with the extra skin issue. I do have a little extra "bat wing" under my arms, but that's about it. If you do have a little xtra in the butt/thigh area, body shaper underwear are the bomb for that.
  • missjelika
    missjelika Posts: 115 Member
    I think losing slowly, around 2 pounds a week will give the skin time to shrink. also weight training! weight training should be your mantra.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    A little strength training is great - builds up the muscle a little to fill in the skin that's left when you lose the fat. Make sure you drink plenty of water to hydrate the skin. Healthy fats will also help with your skin. And hydrate from the outside as others have mentioned.

To be perfectly honest, considering your age, it will be harder for your skin to recover. My mother just lost some weight and that's what her physical therapist told her too. So just keep reminding yourself that being healthy on the inside, having a good diet, being active and living a longer happier life, is a lot more important than a little extra skin. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!