Cracker Barrel's Chicken Dumplings--390 calories?!

Options
Ok, does this sound legit to you?

On Daily Plate, it lists Cracker Barrel's Chicken & Dumplngs dinner, with green beans and carrots, as 390 calories. My parents were mentioning going there tomorrow night.

Does 390 calories sound possible? My eyebrows arched.

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Ok, does this sound legit to you?

On Daily Plate, it lists Cracker Barrel's Chicken & Dumplngs dinner, with green beans and carrots, as 390 calories. My parents were mentioning going there tomorrow night.

Does 390 calories sound possible? My eyebrows arched.
  • Zeii
    Zeii Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Never in a billion years! Their chicken n dumplings are amazing.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    If you get the lunch portion probably. The chicken is lean breast and the dumplings are mostly flour so could be. OMG I love that place. Wish they'd build one here in Vegas! On second thought maybe not I'd totally blow it there:laugh:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Dustdevil
    Options
    That must be the PER DUMPLING ratio...:laugh:
  • jessicasager
    Options
    i used to work at cracker barrel.. i believe thats actually what it is. they use really good chicken, which doesnt have TOO many all together. if anything, most the cals would come from the gravy that goes with it.. like the gooey stuff on the plate? lol
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Also, the last time I went to cracker barrel. . .the portions seemed significantly smaller (in a good way) so it just might be possible.
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Really?!?! Now I just might have to make a trip! I get them every time I go and it's been a while since I went. I never would have thought that in a million years! :love:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    dwlz has it listed:

Homemade Chicken 'n' Dumplings [14 oz] (390 cal/10g fat/0g fiber/45g carbs/29g protein) 9

So you are probably right on! :smile:
  • Phoenixflame
    Options
    :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Damn, I'm happy to be back in Texas!
  • amycakes812
    Options
    This just made my day!!!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    OMG, really?! I always loved their chicken & dumplings, but I've avoided them for the past two years!! :laugh: I always opted for one of their sandwiches before I was counting calories. I haven't been there since I started with this website. But . . . 390 calories?! I am officially excited. . . :laugh: I may have to get a to-go order for lunch today!!

... that being said, I'm going to drink a couple cups of water and head out the door for my workout today. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Dustdevil
    Options
    Make sure to stay away from the corn bread and biscuits that come with it!!!!
  • Phoenixflame
    Options
    So, this seems pretty legit?

Lol, I'm glaring at Dotti's menu, thinking "Are you trying to trick me, Dotti?"

Hehe, months of using this site has made me suspicious.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    If that's true, I may have to have some again when I go there :)

Granted, a LOT of Cracker Barrel's foods aren't that terrible... as they have lots of lean meats and veggies to choose from! :)
  • jessicasager
    Options
    and whatever you do.. do NOT touch the mac and cheese. I watched our cook make that one day. you would not believe the amount of butter that goes into that crap my god lol but mmmm mmm is it good :grumble:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am going to Cracker Barrell - I am SO happy - I love those but figured they were really bad.

Did I say I love Cracker Barrell!!
  • Phoenixflame
    Options
    I went last night! Mhmmmmm!

One thing: order the COUNTRY DINNER chicken & dumplings, not the platter--the one that comes with 2 sides, not 3. The portion is smaller (it's actually realistic!).

Still, wow, it's so filling. I could only eat about half the chicken/dumplings.

Teehee, I got glared at by the parental units when I wouldn't eat the cornbread or biscuits. I am a bread monster--no way am I letting that floury demon out of the gates!

Also, the meal is high in sodium, so drink lots of water!