Leg shakes?

Options
Yesterday i went for a 2 hour hike with alot of stairs. Afterwards my legs would not quit shaking. They shook for 2 hours. Has anyone had this happen before or know what causes it? And what can i do to make my calves stop hurting? Thanks alot!

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Yeah that happened to me if I run really hard. lol to me honest it just makes me laugh. Maybe the muscle spazing? Curious to see what others post!

Also if your calves are hurting maybe you aren't drinking enough, my cross country coach told me that was the cause of mine hurting so much.
  • kendernau
    kendernau Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for others, but when I have had similar things happen, it has usually been due to one of the following:

1. Too much of a calorie deficit due to the extra workout - I didn't eat enough earlier in the day. A protein bar or snack just before I start, and possibly snacks as I go, depending on how hard a workout and how long it will be. Then, sometime after I am done, a protein-focused snack to help my muscles recover.

2. Lack of potassium. Eat a banana.

3. Dehydrated. Drink more water.

4. Overdid it. Track it, and next time don't do as much - work your way up to that level.

As far as the burning in the legs, cool packs the same day, then heat packs as needed over the next couple days usually works for me.