Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Learning to Love Veggies

VardaElentari
VardaElentari Posts: 55
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone, I am OBESE. Since the young age of 9 I have been struggling with my weight. I've lost weight in the past simply by eating less and exercising more. For some reason, each winter I have trouble keeping active and my appetite increases. So this winter, like most winters, I have packed over 40 extra pounds onto my small frame, making me feel bad about myself and self-conscious at all social events. I try not to over-think food, but I feel comfy when I'm full of tasty victuals.

I could eat any time of the day or night, and my favorite foods are high in calories, like pastas, potatoes, and cream sauces and soups. My job is a sedentary desk job. Exercise is usually something at the end of the day I regret not doing. I know that if I continue on this path, I will continue to gain weight, thus I will have to work even harder to lose it in the future.

A bran new member of MyFitnessPal, I like the looks of this website, and I'm already using it to track my food intake. Veggies have not been my favorite foods but now I am thinking about them more often and researching how good they are for me and how to incorporate them in tasty recipes. I believe support groups can help a person create healthy habits, so here I am. I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

The New Fatty :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Hello everyone, I am OBESE. Since the young age of 9 I have been struggling with my weight. I've lost weight in the past simply by eating less and exercising more. For some reason, each winter I have trouble keeping active and my appetite increases. So this winter, like most winters, I have packed over 40 extra pounds onto my small frame, making me feel bad about myself and self-conscious at all social events. I try not to over-think food, but I feel comfy when I'm full of tasty victuals.

I could eat any time of the day or night, and my favorite foods are high in calories, like pastas, potatoes, and cream sauces and soups. My job is a sedentary desk job. Exercise is usually something at the end of the day I regret not doing. I know that if I continue on this path, I will continue to gain weight, thus I will have to work even harder to lose it in the future.

A bran new member of MyFitnessPal, I like the looks of this website, and I'm already using it to track my food intake. Veggies have not been my favorite foods but now I am thinking about them more often and researching how good they are for me and how to incorporate them in tasty recipes. I believe support groups can help a person create healthy habits, so here I am. I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

The New Fatty :flowerforyou:
  • "The new fatty" Haha...that's funny/cute. I'm pretty new too. I just joined on Thursday. So far I love it! It's soooo helpful to have such an easy and convenient way to track calories and physical activity. Anyways...WELCOME!!! =)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hi, and welcome, I am pretty new here only been on here since December 31, 2008. Good luck with you weight loss.
This discussion has been closed.