ground turkey vs. lauras lean hamburger

Options
Whats your thoughts people? lauras lean is the closest i have found to organic without paying the extra for organic. If you check both labels there isnt that much difference.

Replies

• capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I looked at the Laura's website and it sounds like a good choice to me. No hormones or antibiotics and the cows live in pastures and graze.

http://www.laurasleanbeef.com/our-story/our-philosophy
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    in what context? For me it depends on what I'm making. I refuse to use ground turkey in meatloaf anymore; it's just too dry by comparison. I will use ground turkey for burritos though.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Turkey tastes nothing like beef. Ground bison, however, tastes almost exactly like beef and has WAY less calories, fat, and cholesterol. Plus, bison don't come from industrial feedlots!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Turkey tastes nothing like beef. Ground bison, however, tastes almost exactly like beef and has WAY less calories, fat, and cholesterol. Plus, bison don't come from industrial feedlots!

Where do you buy bison? I would like to try it.

I would go with the Laura's lean beef, I have tried and tried to like ground turkey and don't like it fixed any way but you may like ground turkey it is not for everybody
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

I would go with the Laura's lean beef, I have tried and tried to like ground turkey and don't like it fixed any way but you may like ground turkey it is not for everybody

I'm not sure where you're at, but I believe I've seen it at Trader Joe's.
  • Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I also compared the two and chose laura's. I like the taste and the nutrition is good.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

thanks I am in Tennessee and I don't think we have a Trader Joe's around here
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    th

thanks I am in Tennessee and I don't think we have a Trader Joe's around here

there is a trader joes in nashville north of brentwood