anyone else doing insanity?

Options
i'd like to keep using MFP, but insanity workouts aren't listed in the app, does anyone have an idea of calorie burns from the different workouts?

Replies

• fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I got a heart rate monitor when I was doing P90x and realized that I was burning a LOT more calories then it was estimated at. I think that a HRM it a good investment and will help you out the most! :wink:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    It will depend on many things, your weight, how hard you workout etc a hrm really would be the best thing to go with. Tonight for Max Interval Circuit I burned 648 calories, it will vary vastly from person to person.
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I got a heart rate monitor when I was doing P90x and realized that I was burning a LOT more calories then it was estimated at. I think that a HRM it a good investment and will help you out the most! :wink:

Remember HRMs are only accurate for exercise that is 100% cardio. As soon as you add any strength training (even things like lifting your own body weight, like push-ups or squats), then a HRM will give you a higher reading than what you actually burned. (The MFP user Azdak has a blog post going into the scientific reasons for this.)

That being said, I count Insanity as "circuit training" and adjust up a little from there (about an extra 10% or so) because the intensity and duration of the cardio is higher than most circuit training. I also have a good feel for how many calories my body burns per hour at different intensity levels, but that's just something you have to play around with for yourself.