3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Here's how my Sunday went:

DSCN0819.JPG

Here's to a NEW week! Last week can stay gone...:grumble:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    HOLY JUNK, MOMMIES! I just went back & read what I missed yesterday!

Hannah - I'm so sorry you're having a hard time right now with jobs & finanaces & all that nonsense. :frown: I hope your husband finds something very very soon! Good luck, sweetie! You have such a good attitude about the whole thing which you should be VERY proud about. It is hard to see the good stuff when so much bad is happening sometimes!

MrsBuzz - YUCK! Push that stomach bug OUT of the house! I have to say that I am very proud of you for 1) Realizing that you "fell off the wagon" this weekend & 2) KNOWING that you'll get the hang of it! See! You are starting to believe in yourself & that is a HUGE part of this new lifestyle. *hugs* Good work!

ABetterMe - I'm so sorry that you ended up at the ER yesterday morning. THANK GOD it wasn't broken, though! I bet he's super bruised, though. Poor kid & poor you! Good for you getting in your exercise, though!

MM - Love the website! I went to the blog website, too & I'm now one of the "followers" of it (TresNinos) hehehe. :bigsmile: Best of luck with your adoption journey! (for those of you that didn't see it: http://www.russiatotexas.com).

I'm sure there was more that I missed but Zeke is jumping on me like a wild man... We ended up in the ER yesterday for 3 stitches. He was getting out of the truck (half asleep from going to get coffee with daddy), jumped forward to be caught...while daddy's arms were full & daddy didn't know the "plan", and fell smack into the truck's door. Blood...was....everywhere. :sick: I can handle blood, it was the screaming for "HELP ME MOMMY!" during the stitches that I wasn't so fond of. Nearly barfed.

So are we in agreement? Last week is over, bring on some GOOD stuff! :heart:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    3babybeans - I hate injuries for the babies so close to the eyes. Glad he is okay and smiling. Love the pic.

Hello and happy Monday to everyone.

I couldn't even possibly keep up last week. Did absolutely HORRIBLE on eating, Feel like :cry: :laugh: :cry: :laugh: :cry: Oh yeah, and I go to my GYN tomorrow for my yearly checkup. Been putting it off because I've gained weight and didn't want to step on his scale, but health issues are making it a necessity now. Who knows, maybe the weight issues and female disorders are one in the same. Hey, one can dream can't they?

So happy day to all of you. Wishing you the best. From 3babybeans message, I'm guessing a lot of us had a rough one last week. Here is to our new and improved week...maybe?
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Good Monday Morning!!:wink:

Well I am exhausted, because I lilke to watch TV til 11 the have a hard time falling asleep. So I am trying to find the energy to workout today!! Not sure I will find, but I am going to try. Hopefully the kids let me workout. Last Friday my oldest told me "mom why are you working out? You did that yesterday", then my little one came out and was almost crying " no mommy no workout". How am I supposed to workout when my kids don't want me to. I told them they better get used to it because you are going to be seeing this a lot.

Evan seems to be doing well. Woke up nice and clean, little butt rash but other then that ok. Waiting to see what the diapers bring.

Hope school is open tomorrow. Both my kids in the same house all day for so long...can you say headache!!!!

3BB- hope your son feels better soon. Last year when my son had a viral we took him to the ER and they had 5 people holding him and then had to wrap him like a cocoon just to get blood drawn. I was on no sleep and then having to hear him cry was devestating! I had to leave the room and cry.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day:flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Sorry that so many of us had a rough week last week! Cheers to a new week:drinker:

Sara...how is Zeke doing this morning? Is he leaving the stitches alone? I am can so relate to what you said on your blog about how you managed to make it this long w/out a trip to the ER. I think the same thing...every day (knocks on wood!!).

Have a great day all!!!!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Morning,
    Good? I don't know yet. I hope so. I hope everyone has a better week this week!
    Sara, sorry to hear about your son getting hurt. I hope it heals up quickly. I hope DH doesn't feel too bad about it either! My DH feels really bad when things like that happen...to Alex or to me! lol I don't usually jump out of trucks though. Just once in awhile. :blushing: Thanks for looking at the website! I'm glad you signed up. We're really excited to see what the Lord is going to do!
    I didn't get much sleep at all last night. I have this nagging cough and itch in my throat that causes me to cough. Nothing seems to work. I finally had to move down stairs to the couch so DH could sleep. Finally when it settled down a little, Alex started crying (which he does after having an overstimulating day). Then I dozed off and then I heard a rat get in the wall and start scratching and chewing! :grumble: I thought once we got the siding fixed that would stop. I guess they are getting in somewhere else. I finally slept from about 5:30 to 8 this morning, off and on. I don't know how much I will get accomplished today. It's suppose to be nice so I plan to go for a walk, do push ups, situps and maybe some running on the wii.
    Anyway, that's my day!
    I will be back to post later! Have a blessed Monday!
    MM
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Good Morning Mommies:flowerforyou:

Sara- It looks like your ER trip was worse than mine. I can totally relate though, in the past 3 years my 3rd oldest has had 3 stitches in his forhead and 5 staples in the back of his head, the staples came because he thought he could swing from the milk line in the barn and slipped off and cracked his head on the floor. Then the 4th boy fell off the elevator that we use to put hay in the hay mow, he thought he needed to take baby kittens up it and must of turned wrong and fell about 13 ft down on the top of his head that ended up 2 staples and then 6 months later his brother flipped him off the back of a wagon and that was 2 staples in the back of the head. Then the 5th boy he walked right out in front of mom with a full wheelbarrel of silage and I ended up knocking him flat on his back and he hit his head on the cement floor in the barn and that was 3 staples in the back of the head (man I felt like crap after that one). I am afraid on one of these ER trips they are going to call social services on me. I sware I don't beat my kids but they are boys and we live on a farm. I try my best to teach them farm saftey. I think I need to wrap them in bubble wrap:laugh:

I didn't get my workout in yesterday like I was wanting too. I spent 1 1/2 hrs trying to get my VCR to work:grumble: :explode: . We hooked up the new converter(?sp) and I couldn't get the vcr to work to safe my life and once I realized how much time I had spent working on it I was way late for feeding my calves so I had to get out, finally got it hooked up late last night but it isn't the way I want it but it will work for now I guess. I will be working out this morning, letting breakfast settle a little first.

I hope we all have a better week than last week:flowerforyou:
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    I am seriouly sturggling today! I am so tired!!! I don't have any energy to do anything. I have been on this dran computer all morning!! I am focused on eat well, but the thought of exercise makes me want to fall asleep.

In a funk!!!:yawn:
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    oh no what did he do?!
    my oldest got himself on the eye like that once. spinning on a computer chair and falling into the coffee table

eta- read through the post and trying agian here. adhd at it's finest some days I swear.

I'm glad your little guy is ok. is he picking at the stiches? i think sometimes ER trips are harder on us then them.

girlie problems and weight. actually some times ovarian issues can cause weight gain. having PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) can make you put on crazy weight then it messes with your hormones.
    i obviously don't know what your issues are but sometimes when we weigh more than our bodies want us to our bodies will make hormonal mistakes
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    I am seriouly sturggling today! I am so tired!!! I don't have any energy to do anything. I have been on this dran computer all morning!! I am focused on eat well, but the thought of exercise makes me want to fall asleep.

In a funk!!!:yawn:

Just to let you know what I do when I feel like that, I don't want to get on here and have to tell everyone that I didn't get my workout in cause I didn't feel like it, that really gets my butt moving, cause it makes me feel really good about myself when I can get on and say I DID MY WORKOUT for the day.

Hope that helps some:flowerforyou:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Good Morning Mommies!!!!

I hope everyones week gets better than last week:flowerforyou:

3BB- When I was in 6th Grade I fell from a swivel chair, the ones my parents told me to never stand on, n sliced a 5 stitch gash(plus it was so deep they had to use dissolvable stitches inside) about a half a centimeter from the corner of my right eye, the actual getting of the gash was no where nearas painful as getting the stitches, weird, but they have to put numbing shots around the eye n I even got one on my eyelid n those hurt SO bad, I know ur little guys pain, n to be that young, gosh poor guy. I hope he starts feeling better n if you dont want the scare to be seen put Vitamin E oil on it every night, it can be expensive by itself so my mom just bought Vitamin E gel capsules n we popped them with a needle n used the oil from there lol

iftcheiaf- I know what you mean about the GYN n weight issues sorta. When I was preggo all my OB/GYN talked about was my weight gain, always telling me to eat healthier n stuff, which I did but I kept gaining weight n I was so swelled up I have stretchmarks on my calves but she wouldnt put me on bedrest, ugh n then she was so rude on delivery day, needless to say I didnt go see her for my 6week postpartum check up. Sorry I rambled... I hope everything at the checkup goes well for you n keep going in your weightloss journey!!

mrsbuzz-Way to go for getting those workouts in!! With my 2month old I try to find time but usually I just end up napping while he is too lol I need a good kick in the butt everyonce in a while

gotttaluvboyz- Cheers:drinker: Im hoping this week goes much better!

MM- Only getting a couple hours of sleep n still planning on working out, you are my hero lol Good Job! And I hope you can get the rat thing figured out soon!

abetterme- Thats so funny, wrapping your boys in bubble wrap :laugh: Glad you got the VCR hooked up, have fun working out!!

Ok so my week last week had its ups n downs, but yesterday was a great start to this week. Went to church, then went to my old job to get my job back will be starting that soon (Bed Bath n Beyond so lots of walking n climbing ladders!! Yay exercise on the job!!) Then went out to have lunch with a friend, then we came back home n Ayden was in his swing making funny faces n when I picked him up there was poo on the swing, n the blanket n his clothes... another blowout...fun... But I honestly take that as a blessing because he didnt struggle with his poop or gas n he was happy n content all day, such a relief, I think hes starting to grow out of his gassy stage, he seems to be able to eat a lot better with little to know air getting swallowed n he burps better.... I dont want to jinx anything but I may be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel... Plus last night he fell asleep right after the football game so I put him in his bassinet n he woke up 2 more times, after I was done pumping n then after Id brshed my teeth washed my face n gotten ready for bed, downed about another 3oz in those two feedings combined then he was asleep by 11 n slept til 3 A FOUR HOUR STRETCH havent had one of those in a while!! then he was up again around 530, n was off n on 2 or 3 times til around 730 n he just crashed again around 930 n is sleeping on me now.. Im hoping things are getting a bit easier!!

wow that was a long ramble lol sorry:blushing: today should be fun if Ayden poops n doesnt have a big struggle. My best friend since 3rd grade is coming over n we're having a House marathon leading up to the new episode tonight!!! We both LOVE that show n I'm making turkey sloppy joes, yum! I just have to say I thank God everyday for all of my friends who when they know I'm down cuz hubby left n am stressed with the baby. they all try to come see m n hang out n cheer me up a bit, I love my girls!

Ok so this was long, but I hope everyone has a wonderful week n a Fantastic Monday!!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hi! i hope everyone is having a better morning than me today. i feel like and idiot...i got up this morning, got the kids dressed and went to preschool, only to find the door locked. i was so mad cause i thought they cancelled school and didn't call me. i dragged the two kids grocery shopping (which was less than fun) and got home to notice the big NO SCHOOL sticker on today's date on my calendar!!:blushing: for some reason i thought the holiday was next monday. at least i got my shopping done and still have time to workout before lunch. on day 4 of the 30 day shred and i'm determined to it everyday for the 30 days. have a good day!
  • Slvrmoon
    Options
    Hello ladies!

My name is Jessica....and I'm fat. lol

I'm having such a hard time finding the...desire to stick to a weight loss plan. It's a vicious cycle. I'll be really down when I go out and am stressing about clothes and not looking fat in photos and all that, then I settle back into my routine at home with my kids and I get in this "Who cares if I'm fat, no one sees me" frame of mind. It's horrible. What are your tips? Tricks? Successes?

And I just have to say, I feel like I'm living that SlimQuick commercial. (I think that's what it's called) The one where the husband and wife (stick people) go on a diet and the guy gets all skinny and the girl losses her boobs? My husband started dieting 2 weeks ago and has already lost 10 pounds. I lost 2 pounds. :sad:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Welcome Jessica :flowerforyou: you'll find lots of support n encouragement on this board. Anytime you have a "who cares if I'm fat, no one will see me" moment just remember you're not losing the weight and getting healthy for anyone else but yourself. Its about loving yourself and giving your body whats good for it, not junk that slows it down. Jump on here anytime when you need to vent!!

ok so if you read my super long post gals, then i said in there I didnt want to jinx anything with Ayden.... welll I think I did. No more than 5 minutes after I got off this site and was on facebook he starts wailing and for a good 5 minutes on n off he is passing gas and just crying at the top of his lungs... Then it ended and he was sniffling and holding on to my shirt real tight and then drifted off to sleep again... it was HORRIBLE! I hate when I cant help him, and he just has to get his gas or get his poop out on his own.. poor little guy. Hes been fine the rest of the morning.... I dunno what that episode was anyone else ever have this happen??
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    Sounds like a pretty rough week last week for alot of you:frown: Hopefully this week will bring lots of happy days:happy:
    Sara-Im so sorry about your little guys mishap:cry: I hope hes not picking at his itchy stitches (like I tend to do at times:laugh: ) Poor little guy. Hope hes on the mend soon!:heart:
    supermom-I sure hope the end is in sight for you:heart: I know it just breaks your heart to see him struggling like that:cry: I hope you get to have some fun with your girls today!
    musicmom-Oh I dont think I could tell you how many times I have gotten one of my boys up for school on a holiday!:laugh: They just look at me like Im crazy and go back to sleep lol. They sure dont get their off-days mixed up!:laugh:
    I know Ive forgotten some, I do hate not replying to everyone:frown: I hope everyone has a great week this week. Mine is off to a sad start because my oldest is leaving today to go back to college:cry: I sure do miss him so much when hes gone! But we had a nice, long christmas break with him so I'll just be counting the days til I can see him again:heart: Take care all!:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies..I'm havin a bad week with food n emotions..lol but when am I not...I'm back up to 199lbs which I am very sangry:mad: with myself...But I have been fighting with some major stress like always..Like I seen someone on here somewhere say if "Stress causes us to lose weight we would all be skinny" lol
    I took my kids to the counselor n we have to go back next week..He did say he seen a lil attention problem with Josh n he def needs to talk to someone bout his grandpa n things n we are testing for learning problems...
    Draven isnt as bad as I thought he was..He's just a lil boy who can get energy bulit up really fast n he also needs to talk to someone bout his dad walking out of his life n his grandpa passin away..
    I have voiced my opinion very loudly I wanted to stay away from any drugs if at all possible no offense to anyone who has thier kids on them for ADD/ADHA..I just want to see what I can do on my own if Josh n Draven arent that bad off...
    Also I did the 30 day shred 1 time n I am just now getting to where I can walk again..I know I need to keep goin with it but does anybody have ne ideas how I can do it n not hurt that bad..I mean it was bad enough I was crying n could barely walk or stand to be touched on my legs... I'm so happy thats its Monday cuz I can stat over with food n working out but I do need some tips if ne1 can give me any. Also I had family pics done Sunday..Here they are...Hope everyone is havin a better day..:flowerforyou:

p10870s1101729_15.jpg

p10870s1101729_3.jpg
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jessica :flowerforyou: you'll find lots of support n encouragement on this board. Anytime you have a "who cares if I'm fat, no one will see me" moment just remember you're not losing the weight and getting healthy for anyone else but yourself. Its about loving yourself and giving your body whats good for it, not junk that slows it down. Jump on here anytime when you need to vent!!

ok so if you read my super long post gals, then i said in there I didnt want to jinx anything with Ayden.... welll I think I did. No more than 5 minutes after I got off this site and was on facebook he starts wailing and for a good 5 minutes on n off he is passing gas and just crying at the top of his lungs... Then it ended and he was sniffling and holding on to my shirt real tight and then drifted off to sleep again... it was HORRIBLE! I hate when I cant help him, and he just has to get his gas or get his poop out on his own.. poor little guy. Hes been fine the rest of the morning.... I dunno what that episode was anyone else ever have this happen??

my 5 year old used to have a lot of trouble burping and pooping too. (his name is aiden, too) i used to give him gas drops, but i don't know how much that helped, really. is he on formula? maybe he's allergic to something? i don't have any really good advice, but i just wanted to let you know i've been there feeling helpless while my baby was struggling. it did get better. it will get better. hang in there. :flowerforyou:
  • supermom1114
    Options

my 5 year old used to have a lot of trouble burping and pooping too. (his name is aiden, too) i used to give him gas drops, but i don't know how much that helped, really. is he on formula? maybe he's allergic to something? i don't have any really good advice, but i just wanted to let you know i've been there feeling helpless while my baby was struggling. it did get better. it will get better. hang in there. :flowerforyou:

Hes breastfed except for one bottle of formula before bedtime. Ive tried cutting every possible thing out of my diet n nothing seems to help, ugh, Im hoping its getting better, but now I think hes starting to teethe, great... something else I can only do so much for... darn growing pains
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Jessica!! There are a lot of great people on here to support and encourage you. With out them I would have quit after a week like i normally do. Well its Week 3 and I am still here.

Jules:flowerforyou:
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    New to site. Not so new to weight loss. I have struggled as long as I can remember with my weight. I have PCOS, which makes controlling my weight hard but if I get it under control it controls the PCOS. So it is a big cycle. Anyway I have been a SAHM for the last 5 years since my husband joined the military. Before I got pregnant with my lo I lost 60lbs. I however still have 20 of baby weight that I have never lost and at least another 20 beyond that. I have mostly been doing work out video's and walking since I can do that with my children. That is the problem because in the past in order for me to really lose weight I have to get a really good cardio workout in. I am eating the right foods and calories so I just need to find a god workout routine. Sorry for rambleing, just wanted to introduce myself a little.