Why have all this Pals???

Options
Yes, I like to know if I'm the only one having this thing bout having all this Pals, but some of them just don't support you at all!!! I mean commenting on your post of Exercising, or anything to do with your journey!!!!! Yes there is some Pals that have to work or just don't have time!! Understand able, but I'm talking bout the ones that just write on their wall bout blah blahblah, but can't even say one word on your progress!!!! Just saying!!!!! Does anyone else has pals like this???? I'm bout to kick some Pals off my list!!!

Replies

• Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I do, and I really should take the time to go through and clean house.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry... did you say something?
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I kick off pals for bad grammar.
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I figure maybe they are just quiet or shy and maybe my posts are motivating them. I have enough "support" from those who do comment that I don't worry about it. Maybe I'm their support.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I think you people overthink this... I would rather comment sincerely on someone's achievements than feel forced to write a blind "Way to go!"on everything.
    *shrug*
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If you don't like what they do just delete them.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    This is the greatest, most influential, most highly anticipated thread to ever grace the forums of MFP. I salute you for your incomprehensibility.

Edit: :drinker:
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Cut em.

oh..and hello neighbor =) Clovis guy here
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    yeah i did lol , wasn't much point of having them.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I try to keep my list to 20 or less so I have time to support everyone! This journey is hard enough, can't imagine doing it without support!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I think you people overthink this... I would rather comment sincerely on someone's achievements than feel forced to write a blind "Way to go!"on everything.
    *shrug*

I agree.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I kick off pals for bad grammar.

Ironic.

LOL

I don't kick my pals off for not posting. I figure they're either busy or have fallen off the wagon and just feel embarrassed. I try to encourage them. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't see get the whole "pal" thing at all.
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    Yes, ive had the same problem but posted a topic and got some great friends. Feel free to add me if you'd like some extra support. i comment on almost EVERYTHING. lol. im a lil ocd like that. i figure if we're all puttin ourselves out there the least i can do is comment a simple 'wtg' 'nice job' etc etc when u do something:)
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • me1howard
    me1howard Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Different people are on here for different means of support. Get what you need.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I delete people who are not motivating or are not supportive. I try to give people a chance, but if I don't feel a connection with them, I remove them and make new friends down the road.
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Had no problem thus far, actually I love my buddies and I grow fond of them everyday.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If I commented just on all the auto-updates, I would not be able to have fun on this site. I try to send an individual message every week or so, but it just isn't realistic to expect that people comment on everything I do.