kind of good food to eat without just eating like a rabit

Options
what foods are good to eat like for snacks and dinner

Replies

• karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    check out my diary.... i eat pretty healthy "without just eating like a rabbit" lol
    my "mixed greens salad" is my recipe
  • JaniseCookston
    JaniseCookston Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love chopping an avocado and a roma tomato in large chunks and adding a little diced red onion and lime juice. Makes a great filling snack. Also a huge fan of popcorn, relatively low calories for the volume of food. And my new favorite treat is jello temptations strawberry cheesecake or chocolate mousse, both amazing and around 150 calories.
  • Partyofpugs
    Options
    Feel free to check out my food diary also. I try to snack during the day because of the way I have to work (no formal lunch break). I try to find stuff that is portable and easy to eat like cheese sticks and yogurt and fruit. I buy a lot of individual quantity items because I am more inclined to grab and go and take something healthy that way. Good luck!
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    take a look at my blog. It may give you some ideas on what kinds of food you might want to add to your diet.
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Check out my Diary. Most of my dinners are recipes that I cook at home but if you want the details let me know and I will message them to you :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    snacks:
    hard boiled eggs
    whole grain crackers with lowfat cheese
    almonds
    sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds
    berries dipped in a lowfat yogurt
    packet of oatmeal
    apple/banana dipped in peanut butter (portion controlled amount)

meals (300-400 calories)
    stir fry with brown rice/1 tsp oil/veggies/and chicken breast
    baked potato topped with 1 oz low fat cheese and broccoli with a chicken breast on the side
    deli turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with lettuce and tomato
    pb and j sandwich --2 slices ww bread, 2 tsp whole fruit preserves, 1.5 tbsp peanut butter
    grilled cheese sandwich with 1 slice lowfat cheese, ww bread, cooked in 1 tsp olive oil
    omelets with 2 whole eggs and 2 whites with loads of veggies and 1 oz cheese
    ww pasta w/ mixed veggies, lean protein, and 1/2 cup pasta sauce
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I should probably stay out of this thread. I eat real food. Tonight we're having BBQ boneless beef ribs and asparagus with real butter. For lunch I had a salad with real shredded cheddar, real ranch, and some french fried onion strings. Breakfast was chocolate milk and a Lemon Zest Luna Bar. Snack was Land O Lakes cheese.
  • gettingstronger
    Options
    Here's my snacks list. All of which have about 100 - 150 calories a piece. Some are less and I will eat in combination (like an apple and a cheese stick).

Lara bars (mini)
    Kind bars (mini)
    Luna bars (mini)
    Mini Babybels
    String Cheese
    100 calorie almond packs
    Greek yogurt
    Beef or Chicken Jerky
    Fresh fruit
    Freeze dried fruit
    Vitatop muffins (vitatop dot com)
    100 calorie popcorn
    Cottage cheese
    Sugar free Pudding cups

I keep 2 mini Luna or Kind bars and 2 100 calorie almond packs in my purse at all times so I always have a controlled snack on the go.
  • ladykay1189
    ladykay1189 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks guys..this is soo much help :)