**Women Only** AF & Diet UGH!

BBCTiffyB
BBCTiffyB Posts: 114 Member
edited October 3 in Health and Weight Loss
Alright ladies, I'm sure there is a post around here somewhere but I have a serious question to ask you ...

What the heck do you do when AF is here???? (AF= Aunt Flow)

When it is "that time" all I crave are salty, chocolatey, sweet things and sometimes my cravings get the best of me! My Shakeology helps with the chocolate cravings but like right now, all I want are salt & vinegar potato chips LOL

What are some of the things you snack on during "that time"? What do you crave? How do you deal with the cravings?

Thanks ladies!!! =)

Replies

• meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    There are tonnes of these threads, just put totm or tom or even period cravings into the search box and they'll show up!! :)
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    I eat. I might give in one day and have a bag of chips. Just run and sweat then you won't feel like binging.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    I eat. I might give in one day and have a bag of chips. Just run and sweat then you won't feel like binging.
  • I am pretty much ravenous during that TOM. I just eat what I'm craving, but I don't go nuts with it (if I can help myself LOL). I try to just have that chocolate bar, but I give some to the kids and only have a little. I have that bowl of ice cream, but I buy the light variety.

Schwan's has a fabulous miniature ice cream bar. It has vanilla ice cream and dark chocolate. They're 60 calories. They can really hit the spot!!
  • karisbear
    karisbear Posts: 64 Member
    I feel for u im the same way give me a big bag of cheese doritos aaah!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    As a BeachBody coach, don't they teach you how to deal with cravings?
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 121 Member
    LOL - love it!! i will drive through snow drifts for dean's french onion dip and potato chips :)
    however since starting MFP - i take a half serving of salted almonds
    and really stay up on my water intake :) sure hope that helps
  • I don't have that Auntie visit me, I "spot" for weeks at a time, lovely IuD I have :)

(I know, I know, I should have kept that to myself)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I use the Salt and Vinegar Shakeology.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    I just eat like a normal person.

The salt and vinegar shakeology sounds interesting, though. Do you think you could mail me a sample?
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    I eat. The options for me when I'm about to start are eat what I want or be an even bigger b!tch....so, for the sake of my sanity and those around me, I eat, and I relax, and I end up not killing anyone so it's a win win.
  • PrimaD
    PrimaD Posts: 4
    When I get the salty cravings, I make my own chips to control sodium and fat/oil levels. My favorites are kale or swiss chard chips. No, not as crunchy as bagged chips, but a nice crisp and just salty enough for my taste. Once I can get a hold of a mandolin slicer thingie, I'm going to try doing it beet chips. Love beets!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Well, your first mistake was using the shakeology diet.

Then again, there is plenty of people on here that swear by it... I've just seen way too many relapses.
  • well i know when "aunt flow" comes to visit my house I run for the hills
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Sweet! ice cream, chocolate bars.
    The good thing about aunt flow is the metabolism is higher than normal so it's a good time to do cardio work out.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Popcorn is my answer to salty cravings, and I found the single serving recipe of "No Pudge" brownies (made with yogurt) or a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich is satisfying for the sweet.

And for the carb craving (which is my WORST), I just budget in my calories for a meal of macaroni and cheese (no butter!) or mashed potatoes (no butter!) with brown gravy. It's a CHOICE--and I take it!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    I kind of give in, but only for one day. Exercise makes me feel so much better. I don't want to even move, so I force myself to get up. It helps with cravings, too.

To help with salty cravings I buy pop chips. Low in calories and you can eat a bunch. Pretzels are another good one. Low in fat! A piece of dark chocolate helps.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    If we were friend's, I'd say to check out my food diary for Oct 1-4.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    If we were friend's, I'd say to check out my food diary for Oct 1-4.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    1/4 cup of salted almonds with 1 tbsp of chocolate chips. Eat slowly. Savour. Enjoy. And try not to kill the other people living in your house. :)
    Other ways I've learned to deal with those cravings is to have crackers instead of chips or a Fibre One bar instead of a chocolate bar. Small substitutions, still gives you the salty or sweet you're craving, but doesn't sink your whole day's calories. :)
This discussion has been closed.