Who's training for a Marathon??

Options
Hello,
I'm looking for some friends who are training for a marathon.. I'm running the Gettysburg Marathon next April and I would like some more friends who are training/running long distance!

Feel free to add me.

Replies

• fitsaxon
    Options
    I'm training for a half! Would love to give, and get some support!
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I'm on a marathon training plan, hoping for spring 2012!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 4th Half. Training for my first Full - January 8, 2012. Walt Disney World Marathon!!
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I'm training for the Walt Disney World Goofy Challenge in Jan 2012. This will be my 3rd time doing the Goofy and my 4th full marathon. Would love to have some long run buddies!
  • skfj5
    skfj5 Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm running my first half in 3 weeks, and WDW Marathon on January 8!! I'll request...could use some running friends!!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I like to do ab workouts, cardio sprints, and LOTS hip thrusts to train for marathon sessions.

Oh wait, did you mean the kind where you are running?
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'm running my 6th half next Saturday and my 3rd full two weeks later. I'd be glad to support anyone in training!
    Risa
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yay running!! :D

I'm working on rebuilding my confidence after a couple of rough HMs. I realize there were other factors - some outside my control - that contributed to them. But boy, a couple of good training runs in the past few days has really helped!!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Just ran marathon #24 yesterday. I have a couple more on the books already.
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    R4z0r4Mm0 Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm training for my first half in 31 weeks :)

Here's my training blog if anyone wants to follow my progress..
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/R4z0r4Mm0

Would love to read other running blogs too!
  • thebiggreenmachine
    thebiggreenmachine Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first marathon in November in St. Augustine, Florida.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'm 'informally' training for a Full on 11-11-11 (meaning, I'm attempting to put the mileage in, with the option to drop to the Half if not ready by then). If I do it, it'll be my first Marathon. Have done 15 or so Half Marathons though.
  • TorridCutie
    Options
    I ran three half marathons and my first full marathon is on October 30th. Only three weeks to go! I am getting very excited about it.
  • arc918
    Options

Respectfully, if your long run is already running 9 miles, you don't need 31 more weeks to be ready for half. You could be ready in 4 more weeks.
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am in the last few days of my training. My marathon is this coming Sunday.
  • arc918
    Options
    I am in the last few days of my training. My marathon is this coming Sunday.

Good luck!
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    Options

Respectfully, if your long run is already running 9 miles, you don't need 31 more weeks to be ready for half. You could be ready in 4 more weeks.

I guess you're right. Maybe I'm just building a running base then? My pace is still quite slow. I did 20km 2 days ago in my long run - but I really want to improve my pace, and I know that will only come with a stronger base and constant training. Maybe 16 weeks into my training, I may decide I should be training for a full marathon? Feel free to discourage me though - running a half isn't as daunting as it used to be, but running a full is still quite scary.
  • arc918
    Options

I guess you're right. Maybe I'm just building a running base then? My pace is still quite slow. I did 20km 2 days ago in my long run - but I really want to improve my pace, and I know that will only come with a stronger base and constant training. Maybe 16 weeks into my training, I may decide I should be training for a full marathon? Feel free to discourage me though - running a half isn't as daunting as it used to be, but running a full is still quite scary.

My $.02 - build your base and run halfs for a while rather than being in a hurry to go 26.2. The more running you take into your first marathon the better.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just came across this hardcore Marathon Momma:

http://moms.today.com/_news/2011/10/10/8256458-woman-gives-birth-7-hours-after-finishing-marathon

Holy crap I hope I can be that dedicated!

I'm running my first half marathon on Thanksgiving day in Atlanta, and I hope to run my first full marathon next spring in Nashville (the Country Music Marathon on 4-28-12)

I'm always looking for friends with similar goals as myself. :)
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    Options

My $.02 - build your base and run halfs for a while rather than being in a hurry to go 26.2. The more running you take into your first marathon the better.

Ok thanks for the advice. That was my original plan, run 2 halfs before my first marathon. There is actually a half in April, 4.5 weeks before my scheduled May half. Do you think I should do these 2 halfs only 4.5 weeks away from each other?

The marathon I REALLY want to train for is in July - too soon after my 2 x halfs you think?