Tightening up the mid section

Options
I have lost 34 lbs. in a little over 3 months by doing cardio, spinning and stair master while eating balanced nutritional meals. I have noticed that while I am down in weight (which was the goal in the first place), I really need to tone up the mid section to reduce that little bit of belly fat left - ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Replies

• kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    clean eating,-get rid of sugars and processed foods. & exercising-esp cardio!!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I have lost 55 lbs in about 6 months with 25 lbs to go and my mid section is a major source of frustration for me. I do a ton of cardio which has been great for everywhere else but even though my middle is shrinking it isn't proportional. I finally decided to give pilates a try (I have had two different stomach surgeries which left me with very weak stomach muscles). I only started in a week ago today and I can already see and feel the difference. There are many beginner workouts and I found several that break it down into target areas like belly, buns, and thighs.

Good luck!!!
  • carloP90X
    carloP90X Posts: 109
    Options
    RevAbs - seems like you would be a great candidate for the 90 day program
  • VixenGddss5
    Options
    Don't do crunches! or at least not a ton, I do a few, but mostly I do cardio. Isometric exercises and pilates are the best. Oh and one i like for the side love handles is stand feet spread shoulder width. Lean to one side holding a weight if you want or nothing - other arm out. Lift yourself back to standing stright w/ the muscles on the side and your . Its fabulous!